What's new

Is soul calibur supposed to run a little slow?

Louminater

Alright, I got everything mostly that I wanted to work, working. But some games, like Sonic Adv, Crazy Taxi and Soul Calibur, are slower that what it should be, espicially Soul Calibur, it moves like it's in slow mation.

Yes, I have the Bio and flash, I have a ATI 9800 pro, 1024 MB, 200 gigs, Athlon XP 3200+.

Is it like this for everyone or is it supposed to run better? Thanks ofr the help in advance, and yes I run SC in NTSC.

chane2k1

it's like this for alot of people i usually get about 25 to 30 fps if im lucky try using the + and - on your number pad to change emulation clock frequency. 50 for me lets the music play right and 115 makes the animation a little faster but the music skips and gets annoying.

Clements

Since your system is not so different to mine, you'll find that in Soul Calibur the frame rate is variable, some arenas are too fast (~70fps) and some too slow (30fps). It's fully playable for me, though. The Dreamcast is a pretty powerful console, arguably the most powerful that is really well emulated, so will require all but the very best CPUs with Chankast in it's current form.

locust

I tried this and its true, it runs much better. I was thinking that compatiblity lists really lacks on the optimum over/underclock speed, which can many fps that sometimes get a game from barely to very playable, I wish they had added this. On my part, Street Fighter III 3S runs great underclocked at 40 for example.

jdsony

The overclock/underclock settings are pretty dependant on your PC specs which is probably why it's not listed. I haven't tried Soul Calibur in a while but I remember having to overclock to get better results.

photek

I have a sempron 3100 with a ti 4200 and 1 gig of ram, and I had to overclock the cpu to 115 to have the game play exactly as it did in dreamcast.

I also run it at 1280x1024 with fullscreen. The game runs like a charm.