Idiot_man

Is possible get Chankast source-code???
If we get the source-code, then Chankast project would continue...:bouncy:

OP
I

Idiot_man

Agozer:
It hasn't been released.

Yes, but if the authors decide to release the source-code somebody can continue the project....I think that Chankast like "open-source" is the only way to emulate dreamcast.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Probably. If we would only here from the authors.

And you know, that hasn't happened.

ChaosCode

I think other things are out there not quite read to be shown to the public yet that are doing better then this emu.

synch

At least one of the chankast authors (I don't really know about the others) is working on another project. He prefers to spend his (probably little) free time on that project, so let him have fun. Use google and you'll probably find who and what is he working on.

If they decide to update chankast or release the source, is up to them but:

a) Dreamcast are cheap, really cheap, and it's better than any emulator (until it breaks, of course)
b) As a coder, I'd rather start an emulator from zero than just wait for a source release. So if there are people interested on emulating the DC, they might be working/reading about/whatever now.

And, remember, emulation is about preserving and documenting the machine specs, not making happy the warez kiddies.

goukilord

i do have a dreamcast but like most peoples my dc is broken and i dont plan on buying another, so a emu came in handy even that most my games are original and i cant play them on the Emu :(

spotpal

synch said:
a) Dreamcast are cheap, really cheap, and it's better than any emulator (until it breaks, of course)

Im in cape town south africa and finding a dreamcast here is near next to impossible:(

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
spotpal said:
Im in cape town south africa and finding a dreamcast here is near next to impossible:(
Then get one online. That's your only option really.

Lathspell

The Eye on You...
Idiot_man said:
If we get the source-code, then Chankast project would continue...:bouncy:

"We"? You mean "You"? If You want source code and continue Chankacst project just ask autors but if you don't, don't bother them.

I don't think that source code makes things better. Consider that: leave things like they are and you will be happier...

markg1

sensible discussion about chankasts future does no harm at all

better than burying your head in the sand and living in denile about chankast authors taking a break

if yet another year goes buy without hearing any news about chankast, seeing no news on the website will you be open to the possibility that the authors just maybe have given up and moved on with there lives and maybe leave the site up because people still donate through paypal?