What's new

Is it possible to remodel the Arwing in Star Fox 64 to look like an enemy ship?

Uugl

Just to be clear, I'm not simply looking for a retexture/reskin here, I'm looking for a geometrical change in the model of the Arwing, if not a complete overhaul. If this is currently not possible, please notify me.

I've always wanted to play as one of those tiny triangular blue ships you often see in squadrons of 5 with the tannish one in the center, often in a "v" formation. Other ships I'd like to play as are those tiny ones from Katina, not Bill's but the enemy's ships. I don't care if the laser is weird either, It'd be fine if they came out of the air beside the ship.

I've seen some nice reskins and retextures of the arwing, such as black and red, but it never quite hit the spot for me. If having an arwing without the wings is also possible, I'd love to know if that would be doable as well. Keep in mind I only mean the visual look here, I don't actually want my Arwing to be moving down.

In summary I'm looking of a way to change the geometric shape of the ship you use during single player, but not the behavior, I want it to behave like an Arwing at 100%. I realize I may be asking of quite a lot here, so if I'm missing something I'd love to know what that something is.

Thanks.

F

Fanatic 64

Possible? Yes.

Can it be done currently? No. Nobody has figured out a way to do that yet.