What's new

Is it Just me?

N-Rage

Driver-Issue

Just looks right on Radeon-Range and GF3 AFAIK.
Or with Geforce1/2 and older Drivers. ( Get older Drivers then )

i mentioned it on another thread: Nvidia dont care much for older Cards.

OP
Johnny_Rico

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
I HATE nVIDIA!!!!!

I ALLWAYS DID!
I HATED THEM WHEN I HAD A VOODOO AND I HATE THEM WITH MY GEFORCE!

IHATEnVIDIA!!!!

N-Rage please give us a good version number that works every thing! If you know a number...

N-Rage

sorry, i dont have a nvidia Card, i dint ditch em without reason. But I certainly know it did work with GF2 once.
Should try drivers older than the GF3-Optimized Detonator4( i think ). Sorry, its kinda hit&miss there.

linker

Emutalk Member
N-Rage said:
sorry, i dont have a nvidia Card, i dint ditch em without reason. But I certainly know it did work with GF2 once.
Should try drivers older than the GF3-Optimized Detonator4( i think ). Sorry, its kinda hit&miss there.

Yes, N-Rage, you are right, but there are no older drivers than det4 (mean detxp) on windowsxp. So if you are with the newest operating system of M$ you don't have a choise. And Johnny_Rico... there is no reason to hate nVidia... This company first of all made a unique drivers for all of their cards (means -> one driver for many cards). Also everyone knows that they aways (since 1998) have been making the fastest vc. (Ohh, yes, we can't forget the swedish company Ati and their Radeon generation, they are also good).
The nvidia cards are something like windows -> everyone hates it but everyone owns it :D

OP
Johnny_Rico

Johnny_Rico

Mobile Infantry
So let's stop own it!

How good is ATI R8500?
In comparison to the GeForce 3 ti 500...

P.S

N-Rage, what vid-card do you own?

Dimiter

About the driver probs

Err.. if this problem isn't solve yet , i mean the drivers problem..
If you need older drivers try installing the drivers which go with your video card :)

I know it's stupid but it might help, of course if you didn't yet thought about it ;):pj64: :D

Triz

linker

you don't have to have win9x/me/2k to use the old detonator series before the D4's (detonatorXp's) you can use the old D3 series and all you need to do is use the win2k drivers of those because their the same as the XP settings of where everything goes

N-Rage

well, i currently have a RadeonDDR64 and i will likely skip 1-2 Generation of Cards... if Unreal2 will run good enough;)

R8500 is sure a pretty good card and in many categories better than a GF3( Features & ImageQuality). Some Games run alot slower than a GF3 tho, but i think the Drivers will get loads better the next months.

linker

Emutalk Member
Re: linker

Triz said:
you don't have to have win9x/me/2k to use the old detonator series before the D4's (detonatorXp's) you can use the old D3 series and all you need to do is use the win2k drivers of those because their the same as the XP settings of where everything goes

You are not right Triz. Have you tried this... oohh believe me it is a big pain in the arse. It workz, but after 1 hour it usualy gets the big blue screen, then restarts your computer (ofcourse the exception is in the nvidia drivers).

linker

Emutalk Member
N-Rage said:
well, i currently have a RadeonDDR64 and i will likely skip 1-2 Generation of Cards... if Unreal2 will run good enough;)

R8500 is sure a pretty good card and in many categories better than a GF3( Features & ImageQuality). Some Games run alot slower than a GF3 tho, but i think the Drivers will get loads better the next months.

Yes, Radeon8500 is good video card, but it's main problem is the driver. The guys at Ati have to work alot to make their drivers "perfect". Also Johnny, if you want to see some benchmarks of gf3ti500 and radeon8500 you can go to http://www.tomshardware.com . This site is especially for hardware, you can trust it.

bjmcreal

16 meg'er

Well, I still have voodoo3 2000 cause i aint got no money, thats why i have an emulator! But I traded my 27" mistubishi tv off for an athlon 1000mhz with 256 megs ddr with 13 gig hard drive. My games run very quick (depends on which one) in emulators. some look better than the 64 itself!

Last edited:

Triz

To Linker

actually it used to work perfect for me so i'm puzzled as to why you'd get alot of blue screens etc in winXP did you have windows file protection on when you did that?

linker

Emutalk Member
Fat32, no protection for me.
Actually I also thought that the old drivers will work, but you see, they didn't. But that's allright, cause I don't have problems with the new ones :)

Triz

hehe

hehe yea true the 23.11 drivers granted are pretty damn spiffy to me, but if you were to use old drivers now it should all work fine as long as windows file protection is OFF

linker

Emutalk Member
Triz, the problem is not in the file protection, but in the nvidia driver. Maybe there is not a blue screen on geforce, but there are many on the tnt (I am talking about det 12.41). nm, good night.

Eliminator

The Eliminator
ok I have really old drivers

My drivers are old but they still work the best for my Geforce2 MX. I have v6.31 and yes I've noticed that ocarina glitch too. All games work perfect so I'll stick with these drivers for a while.

Triz

linker

actually it does also depend on that because if its still on (windows file protection) it can cause blue screens and resets no matter what card it is if you use drivers that aren't meant for winXP thats the whole point of disabling it if you want to use old drivers or if you are going to install some drivers that aren't made 'specifically' for winXP but yea you're right it might just be your TNT, but what i'm sayin still suffices :devil: