What's new

Is it just me that still has probs using Chankast under Win2K?

JapanMan

Okay, I've updated my ASPI drivers & changed settings from xxx cd-rom to aspi cdrom in Chankast.

I still receive an Application Error:

It does this for any CD-ROM I insert & any Virtual CD drive...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Seems like you are running some third party programs in the background... Reboot your system, close any running applications (including the ones on the taskbar and try to run the emulator again.

OP
JapanMan

JapanMan

Nothing is running in the background. The whole PC is fresh, the only thing that has been installed is MS Office, and I have 1 GB of RAM...

OP
JapanMan

JapanMan

Yeah, its runs... only it does not recognize a CD and goes straight to that audio section at the DC menu.

The bios and everything is okay in the DIR, when I had my external HD connected to another PC with Windows XP, it worked and played Sonic Adventure perfectly. Its just this PC I'm with is Windows 2000...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Apparently there's something wrong with the ASPI installation... Try to reinstall the ASPI drivers or try to use the ASPI driver that comes with Nero (this one has to be in the directory where the emulator is).

PS: Remember to switch back to the ASPI CD-ROM interface.

OP
JapanMan

JapanMan

I have put wnaspi32.dll, winaspi.dll, and aspi32.dll all in the same DIR of Chankast (the same files from the latest installation.

Whenever I try to config the CD-ROM plugin, it tells me c:\...winaspi.dll is not a valid Windows 32 file. It still allows me to config the plugin. I've gone to another site where it allows you to download various Windows DLLs and Chankast is still giving the same message.

Anyway, when I select a drive and click start, it tells me, Cannot read TOC.

By the way, thanks for taking your time in answering my previous questions...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
As I said before there's something wrong with the ASPI installation. Delete every ASPI related file from every directory (use the windows search function to find the files).
There is a thread named Chankast FAQ in the forum. There are 2 links to the ASPI drivers from there. Go and download them and then install the latest version of the drivers (4.72 if I recall correctly). Reboot, Start Chankast using the ASPI CD-ROM interface and it should work. :)