What's new

Is Converting save files possible?

Silence

First of all I posted this here since I dont know where it show really belong.
I dont know but is it possible to convert PJ64 save files to 1964? or viceversa, if there is a way can anyboby tell me how?
and please forgive me if my english is messed up,
thanks in advance

Nemo

Master Sporksman
If they are native saves (eeprom saves, just like you save on the real thing), then they are either directly compatible (Just copy/move them to the appropriate folder), or need only be byteswapped to use them.

Nswimming

i have already did it because 1964 can handle gn64 plugin wich work better on my pc so what i did was start a new game of Oot on 1964 then i went to the save directory and copy paste from pj64 to 1964 , just changed the name so it look identicaly to the name that was given in the new game.

Sorr if my english isn't correct

UnholySanctuary

Hmmmm

For some reason, 1964 won't import my DK64 save state. On 1964, in Angry Aztec, you know that one part where you gotta go from barrel to barrel with DK? Well, it won't do that on 1964, but it will with PJ64, but there's a problem importing pj64 states (It'll just freeze). Can anyone help me with that? or just give me a save state after freeing the llama? thanks.

Allnatural

UnholySanctuary said:
For some reason, 1964 won't import my DK64 save state. On 1964, in Angry Aztec, you know that one part where you gotta go from barrel to barrel with DK? Well, it won't do that on 1964, but it will with PJ64, but there's a problem importing pj64 states (It'll just freeze). Can anyone help me with that? or just give me a save state after freeing the llama? thanks.
To be honest, I've never been able to get imported states to work in 1964. Given how flaky save states tend to be anyway, it's probably for the better.

Native saves should transfer without a hitch though. It's just a simple copy/paste from one save directory to another. The only condition is that they be named correctly, since every emulator uses a different nomenclature.