What's new

Is 2xSai worth to implement?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
The point to 2xSaI textures is mainly to make them larger, so they don't get so blurry up close.

it helps on PSX textures though, in that it 'stretches' out the textures and makes them much more bilinear-friendly.

gokuss4

Meh...
Tagrineth said:
The point to 2xSaI textures is mainly to make them larger, so they don't get so blurry up close.

it helps on PSX textures though, in that it 'stretches' out the textures and makes them much more bilinear-friendly.

that's true. I used to play games with bilinear filtering on, but once i got a GeForce 2 and tried out 2xSAI it looked much better. No borders around 2D objects (e.g the characters art in DBZ Ultimate Battle 22). 2xSAI in n64 emulation though is still good. if it's easy to implement just go for it and make sure you have an option to enable or disable it in the plugin settings :p. it makes the textures larger resulting in better blending between them so you wont see the texture separation lines (e.g the Zelda OOT logo). ill post a screenshot between Jabo and glnin64's plugin to show you.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Well, I see your point.

AFAIK, texture separation lines are caused by other reasons - texture flags, opengl usually does better job than DirectX to avoid such lines.