What's new

IOControl Error solved!

harsh

Hello everyone,

recently, I had some problems with Chankast.

When using Daemon Tools v4 (x64 for me...), I had frequent popups like "IOControl Error". (I've seen on this board people advising the use of Daemon tools v3.29... dead end for me as it can't be installed on Windows XP x64 edition :crazy: )

Another strange thing, my IDE DVD wasn't working with burnt ISO...
Chankast was thinking it was audio cd! (but it was working on my external USB DVD writer...)

I solved both strange behaviors by using "CDRom Interface aspi" instead of "CDRom Interface xxx" as CDRom plugin.
I used a free ASPI dll called FrogASPI, just copy the wnaspi32.dll under C:\WINDOWS\System32 (and C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64 for XP x64)

And now it's working like a charm with daemon tools v4 and my IDE dvd drive!

You can find FrogAspi here :
http://www.frogaspi.org/download.htm

Hope it helps,
cheers!
Harsh

Last edited:

chachanka

I pretty sure wnaspi32.dll isn't just particular to that program. Typically, most CD recording programs install that .dll because it's necessary for the OS to communicate with the drive.

OP
H

harsh

Yes, you're right!

I should have linked to the Nero file here :
http://www.nero.com/nero6/en/WNASPI32.DLL.html
or adaptec ones...

But Frog ASPI is really free of use and is working fine, so...

What's important here is to use "CDRom Interface aspi" plugin to avoid problems
(and you must have a WNASPI32.DLL file somewhere, from any provider you want)

Cheers!

scythe000

Thanks, Harsh!

BTW, I'm using WMCE SP2/Update 2 and I could only get Frog ASPI to work, so thanks for the link!

LuBu

Same problem here:(
That fuc*ing io error message is stil here.
Nero or frog ASPI didnt help me. I have winxp sp2. Deamon tools 3.29 also didnt work (now using 4.0). I want shenmue disc1 to work but when i mount it, there is only one audio file. Other discs (2,3,4)work fine.
Please help.

lSehnsuchtl

Hey guys I think I can help. I had 2 image files. Street fighter 3rd strike and virtua soccer 2. Both were not being read and came up with Io control error so what I tried was I downloaded alcohol 120% and I used the Image buring wizard and burnt one of the image files onto a cd and then I used Image making wizard and made the image file on the cd into a .mds and .mdf file. I tried it on chankast and it worked. I tried it on the other game and it worked as well. It cost me a couple of blank cds but it got it working.

kwfine

lSehnsuchtl said:
Hey guys I think I can help. I had 2 image files. Street fighter 3rd strike and virtua soccer 2. Both were not being read and came up with Io control error so what I tried was I downloaded alcohol 120% and I used the Image buring wizard and burnt one of the image files onto a cd and then I used Image making wizard and made the image file on the cd into a .mds and .mdf file. I tried it on chankast and it worked. I tried it on the other game and it worked as well. It cost me a couple of blank cds but it got it working.

So can you tell me what you have done, please!

Did you just copy the data from the CD and then burn the data as mds and mdf files?

Zero160

Ok, I followed ALL your instructions but im STILL unable to get Third Strike to work.

I have made some progress however. Before, when i tried to load the game, i would simply get an "I/O error" and chankast would crash. Now, after inputting the frog dll file and also switching to "CDRom Interface aspi" i can at least load the CD. But, chankast runs it as an audio CD.

Can anyone PLEASE help me?
- Im using Chankast 2.5, Alcohol 120% AND Daemontools V4

Last edited:

pquadro

Zero160 said:
Ok, I followed ALL your instructions but im STILL unable to get Third Strike to work.

I have made some progress however. Before, when i tried to load the game, i would simply get an "I/O error" and chankast would crash. Now, after inputting the frog dll file and also switching to "CDRom Interface aspi" i can at least load the CD. But, chankast runs it as an audio CD.

Can anyone PLEASE help me?
- Im using Chankast 2.5, Alcohol 120% AND Daemontools V4

same for me

i also tried to burn the game in iso and other formats but is not working :(

Dj Noop

Brand New
Whenever I use "Cdrom interface aspi", my emu crashes when I go to start.

I'm using a virtual drive from Alcohol to play games, and I tried using that frogaspi, but I still get the IOerrors for shenmue.

Any help would be great, really.

pquadro

i solved the problem... (do this :

install DAEMON TOOLS 3.29;
get frog aspi and install it into your sys32 directory;
set chankast CD input to ASPI;
load the CDI image (PAL Fixed) into Daemon Tools as usual;
load the image with chankast as usual

but now i cant get a decent speed in game.

Menu FPS = 50-70
In game FPS = 19-21

This is with CPU@50 and Capcom Hack on...

any help on this?

dan_hayabusa

Hi there, I have the same problem but did anyone solve it despiting PQUADRO? I did the exact same thing as he posts... Daemon 3.29, frogaspi to system32, cd input to aspi, load cdi image, etc. But CHANKAST still recognizes it as an audio cd, like it had a 75:00 min song or so. Do I have to download NERO in order to get the freakin frogaspi.dll to work???