What's new

Io Errors and other problem when playing sonic adventure..

K3N

i've been using chankast .25 and have been trying to play Sonic Adventure. The common problem i experience is that i get a pop up stating IO error during Sonic when the games goes into a load screen to load up the next stage/AREA. I was using Daemon tools latest version to mount image. Then i decided to use Alcohol and was able to the get to the part where you fly on the plane with Tails, and shoot down other planes. Now when i try to continue on the to the Twinkle Stage 5, where you first meet Amy, the game/emulator just freezes/unresponds even when it reads the game directly from the cd... does anyone know of a solution to overcome this problem? I already tried ASPI cd interface plugin and i got a TOC error..

BTW i already tried deamon tools 3.29 and that POS(sorry) gave me a blue screen when i was trying to install it.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Always use the xxx plugin, unless you have a really good reason to use ASPI (Windows 2000/XP don't have ASPI support out of the box though).

Currently, using Daemon Tools 3.29 is the only verified way to avoid possible I/O errors. I suggest you ask for help in the DT forum if the software gives you a BSOD.

OP
K

K3N

Agozer said:
Always use the xxx plugin, unless you have a really good reason to use ASPI (Windows 2000/XP don't have ASPI support out of the box though).

Currently, using Daemon Tools 3.29 is the only verified way to avoid possible I/O errors. I suggest you ask for help in the DT forum if the software gives you a BSOD.

Well i made emulator read the game directly from a CD, and it freezes, and doesnt respond when i get to the Twinkle stage... :-/

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Could very well be Chnkast's own fault, and thus unfixable. Then again, if the game is an ECHELON rip, then the problem might be that as well, since Chankast has some serious problems running most ECHELON releases.

Last edited:
OP
K

K3N

I think it's best if i just put chankast aside, and hope another emulator comes around the block. Thanks for your help though..

Cobrax1884

Banned
Weird, i can play it perfectly,the movies are very slow and can't skip them and the game doesen't freeze when i go in the Mystic ruins.

Cobrax1884

Banned
yes and i did only with a few graphical problems, no crashes.
I even did the characters in other levels glitches XD

JKKDARK

Cobrax1884 said:
yes and i did only with a few graphical problems, no crashes.
I even did the characters in other levels glitches XD
Are you using a PAL version or a NTSC version?