What's new

Invert Aim ?

Ezekiel Brod

Hey guys i wanted to know if there was a way to invert the aim for project64.

Like instead of pressing down on the control stick to aim up, you'd press down to aim down, and vice versa.

:batman:

OP
E

Ezekiel Brod

So if the game doesn't have this option i can enable it through the Control Plug-in ?

take for example in Jet Force Gemini,
when i bring my crosshairs out, to aim at something at the top of the screen, i have to press down on the control stick instead of up.

But i'm not sure how to modify this, Can anyone with experience walk me through ?

Cuz the only result i can muster is to replace up&down with each other.
But that leads me to walk forwards by pressing down instead of up.

:borg:

Allnatural

Cuz the only result i can muster is to replace up&down with each other.
But that leads me to walk forwards by pressing down instead of up.
Well, yes, there is that little problem. However, with N-Rage's plugin you could create a modifier that inverts up/down only when aiming (I believe that's how JFG works, you only shoot while aiming?).

OP
E

Ezekiel Brod

In Sin & Punishment i wish i could assign 1 button to the strafe function, and just need to press it once, and have him strafe to whichever direction in accordance to which direction i press on the control stick, that'd be neat.

I'm alternating between my n64/ps2 controllers, and it's cool how you can pretty much simulate a PS2 FPS with nGage, diagonals aren' as what u'd wish them to be tho.

Allnatural

*sigh* I figured it out on my own; don't know why no one else is able to...

Assign inputs in the plugin as you normally would. Click the Modifiers tab, then click New Modifier. Select the modifier from the box, and where it says Mod Type use the drop-down box to select Movement, then check the invert box for the Y axis. Click Assign Mod, and press the button on your controller you want to assign the mod to (R-trigger by default, assign it to whatever button you use for free aiming in JFG). Apply the changes, save your config, and you're done.

Now your character will move normally, but when you hold down the free aim button (R-trigger on the N64 pad) up will be up and down will be down.

A.I.

Banned
Much thanks Allnatural and I apologize for my lazyiness, but ive been working night shift so my brain is foggier than usual. Anyway I will try this later. Conkers will be near perfect!

Allnatural

Much thanks Allnatural and I apologize for my lazyiness, but ive been working night shift so my brain is foggier than usual. Anyway I will try this later. Conkers will be near perfect!
You're welcome. Note that this applies only to JFG; I don't know what you're trying to achieve in CFD (must be something similar I assume).