What's new

Internet Multiplayer?

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
No I'm not that retarded. That cute little windowing system is part of a package called juce. It was the smallest and the best looking one among all the ones I've tried. Those windows and everything look identical in windows and mac as well. I should really be thanking juce... I didn't port that client to linux for the longest time because of the gui ambiguity stuff.

Huh? Honestly I thought it looked cool. I meant it didn't look like KDE as in the widgets on it looked cool and i knew that wasn't a standard Qt window. For something like Kaillera, that's perfectly fine to do. I know on OS X they probably bit you up for integration though. Man do they love integration.

I've written my own widgets in the past and they've looked cool at times but never really that good... Usually it was all stuff written atop OpenGL and GLX - heh, writing your own widget system in X is perfectly fine compared to doing something insane like using OpenGL for it :p

civilian0746

evil god
Huh? Honestly I thought it looked cool. I meant it didn't look like KDE as in the widgets on it looked cool and i knew that wasn't a standard Qt window. For something like Kaillera, that's perfectly fine to do. I know on OS X they probably bit you up for integration though. Man do they love integration.

I've written my own widgets in the past and they've looked cool at times but never really that good... Usually it was all stuff written atop OpenGL and GLX - heh, writing your own widget system in X is perfectly fine compared to doing something insane like using OpenGL for it :p
Using OpenGL should be perfectly fine too. A lot of games should have widget like things implemented on top of D3D/OpenGL. Coding widgets are fine. It's a vary simple concept and there are tons of them around to prove that to be the case. But well how should I put this...for something like that client...if you add writing widgets to the list => the project will end up being more about that widgets instead of what it is. It's like bringing in tanks and cannons to kill a fly.