What's new

Intel, HP & Gateway suid cuz of pentium IV Proformance

Stezo2k

S-2K
Quote:

"A REPORT SAID that Intel, and its PC customers, face class action with the litigants claiming a Pentium 4 doesn't perform any better than a Pentium III or an AMD Athlon.
The report, in US publication PC World, said that the complaint was filed in early June.

It is jointly filed against Intel, Gateway and Hewlett Packard, and the class action complains the introduction of the Pentium 4 led to misleading performance claims.

The case was filed by lawyers Carr Korein Tillery on behalf of five litigants.

The sums of money involved for the five plaintiffs would amount to no more than around $75,000, the magazine notes. But tens of millions of Pentium 4s have been sold since the processor was first launched.

The class action centres around the performance of the processors, the so-called Megahertz Myth.

Intel and competitor AMD for years leapfrogged each other by launching new CPUs at higher MHz speeds, until last year, when the latter firm introduced the so-called PR rating. This claims to measure the performance of a chip by reference to the real world results of applications, rather than just raw speed.

Any court which tackles this kind of case will have to face the horrors of benchmarketing, a quicksand that has trapped many over the years"

LOL, no offence 2 Intel users (including myself) but like ive said before AMDs are way better than Intels at the moment, i aint really suprised about it. :D

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
hell yeah! amd rules! and because of this, i'm gonna get an AthlonXP, and save some money while im at it! :!!!: :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
that's quite funny... i actually agree with the case... most users probably won't see any benefit

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
cooliscool said:
hell yeah! amd rules! and because of this, i'm gonna get an AthlonXP, and save some money while im at it! :!!!: :)

i really dont blaim ya m8 :) im guna get one soon :D cant wait :) and plus its optimised for XP :) btw did ne1 hear about that woman thats alergic to pentium 4s lol, they give out radiation apparently and made her swell up & stuff eww

Stez

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Stezo2k said:
btw did ne1 hear about that woman thats alergic to pentium 4s lol, they give out radiation apparently and made her swell up & stuff eww
huh? how does a pentium 4 give out radiation?:!!!: wouldn't that be dangerous for everyone then?