What's new

Input/Video Plugins Questions

Zenoth

ClassicGaming4Life
First of all, congratulations for the new release ! A big thanks ! \:D/

Yes, I just noticed about it. I'm rarely browsing the web. And the last time I played with Project 64 was sometime back early 2005. I usually stay with my beloved (because it's still working wonders) N64 when I want to play games. But I always kept interests for Project 64 (in case someday my N64 fails and I'd need to rely on my PC for nostalgia, mostly). Bah, that's my little story hehe.

With that said, I wanted to give it a try (P64 1.6), and to my surprise a lot of games I had a few issues with (mostly visual glitches) now work properly. I had problems with the Turok series, Jet Force Gemini, Vigilante 8 (more on that one below) and a few others I don't clearly remember at the moment.

Well, other than Vigilante 8, everything works fine. The problem I keep having with V8 is everything in it but the actual matches/skirmishes. All the menus are bugged (visually speaking). The only thing I manage to see correctly are the vehicles themselves in the vehicles selection screen. The main menu (start game/options, etc) is flickering (sometimes disappearing completely).

By the way, all that is just information mind you, it's far from being a complaint. I'm just saying that right now it's technically the only game that I had problems with before P64 1.6 that I am still having problems with (although now it's possible to see something during the skirmishes once you've set-up the match with some patience through all the glitchy menus). All other game's respective problems are now fixed.

But the main point of this thread is to ask something about Input Plugins and Video Plugins. I don't know if it has ever been achieved, but I always wanted to play shooters via Keyboard and Mouse. It doubt it'd be possible though. I'm asking, is it possible ?

I've tried with the default Input Plugin, and the latest NRage release, no go so far.

And, about Video Plugins, simple question really: What's the very latest version of Jabo's Video Plugin(s) ? I just wanted to make sure that all is up to date with the Video Plugins. I believe that all the Jabo .DLL files I have are numbered 1.0.0.1, if it matters to mention.

Well, Thanks guys !

:party:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You can use a keyboard and moue combo with the N-rage Input plugin by using Modifiers. If you don't want to start making a profile from scratch, download a premade profile from N-rage's homepage and then edit it to match your needs.

The latest *public* Jabo's video plugin is Jabo's Direct3D8 plugin but if you want the newest, non-public one, you need to donate. This gets you the beta of Project64 1.7 and the newer Jabo's plugins.