What's new

Input plugin for 4 joypads?

F1 Mike

hey all
I'm using n-rage direct input8 v2, which I can only get to work with 2 joypads - it only seems to have support for 2 pads in the devices list
I have searched the forums and the latest relevant post was a few years ago!

And so I ask the question, is there any more recent plugin that supports 4 pads or is there a way I can add slots to the list? should this list update if the pc supports 4?

any advice appreciated from anyone running 4 pads

:):bouncy:

OP
F

F1 Mike

thanks for the reply
I had them ticked, it turned out the hardware (super joy box 5 pro) hadn't properly initialised in windows, so problem sorted the next time windows was started. cheers anyway

FoxStarwind

I know this is an old thread, but I have the exact same problem as F1 Mike.

I even have the ticked "plug in other two controllers".

Does anybody have any experience with the Super Joy Box 5 Pro? It has four slots, and 4 controllers should be able to be plugged into it, however only two of my controllers are working at all, and these are the controllers plugged into the ports located on the fatter end of the adaptor.

maximius

Well, if it's just the ones at one end of the adaptor, then those parts must be broken or worn out. Stuff happens, my friend's down button stopped working a while ago, and I totalled one controller myself about 3 months back.

FoxStarwind

These are brand new. I just bought them the other day.

Thing is, a regular PS1 controller can light up when I press the analog button at the narrow end of the adaptor, but the PC still can't recognize that a controller is connected in those ports at the narrow end.

OP
F

F1 Mike

have you tried using a different emulator? I find I have problems with some games on certain emulators.
You could also try restoring the pc to an earlier time before you first plugged in the device. It can often be a stuck registry key as well, in which case you may need to trawl the registry, which may be a last resort

bcrew1375

If you're on Windows, have you tried testing the controllers through Control Panel? That could help you determine whether it's an emulator problem or not.