What's new

Info to make an Nintendo Game Cube Emulator (For who wants to make one)

Will you like a GameCube Emu??

• Yes!

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • No!

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No! I'll like more that the X-Box be emulated

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! I'll like more that the PS2 emulation go further.

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Zombie9246

In trueth, getting the basic specs of the GCN are pretty simple and easy(look at any good gaming site
). I think finding the "hard to find" documents about each component which tells exactly how each device proccesses data is what ya need. Patents is a nice place to start but it not gonna be enough. Reverse engineering by running tests on the CGN hardware using device tools is also whats needed.

OP
neoak

neoak

Triforce of Something...
That will be hard... To sacrifice a GCN... :plain:

Maybe when all the documentation is found, and we need more. Then think about Reverse Engineering

lightknight

i think Reverse Engineering the GCN would be the best way to go! along with lle!

or maybe hle! i know thats how nemu emulates banjo tooie!! along with a simulatore code! thats how i got old banjo tooie going! but still needs way more testing!!

Remote

Sure, where do I sign up...:p And could you please stop writing half of your posts in the subject line. It's is considered unpolite and nasty to make a reference to a header or to continue a header. Where are you from and more importantly how old are you. If you said that you were attemtimg to create a GB or NES emulator there would be nothing to it, it can be accomplished although it will take a lot of time but a serios project as a GC emulator requires a little more flesh on the bones then a couple of hello and here I am programs...

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
geez, i dont think lightknight is getting anywhere is nothing more than snatches of information...from nmerous sources...and without a GC to dismantle.

jaffa_sinas

hey i got an idea.. well i dunno if it will work ??? cuz i dunno shit about programming etc.
have ya'll seen the panasonic gamecube q? wel it's got some ports on it.. maybe u can transfer the games to a pc or so??????
or is this bs? then why r these ports for?

OP
neoak

neoak

Triforce of Something...
No. Those ports also are in the normal GC. Those are the Ports to the Modem 56k, Cable Modem... And something else. (The GBA connects to a Controller socket). And, those are propietary. Maybe will work. But for copying games?. There are in Mini-DVDs, and a DVD drive CAN read them!.

jaffa_sinas

oh yeah.. totally forgot about it.. it's the xbox dvd's that we cant read that easy. :colgate:
well now i know... but has somebody already coppied one or deos nobody know how to do it (yet). :sleepy:

OP
neoak

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Thats mainly because the X-Box's DVD are written from outside to inside (Normal CDs and DVDs are from inside to outside). But, with the help of that guy from the MIT, that is trying to install Linux over the Win2000 bios (linux of 256k?. Max of 1 MB...) Surely, that is hard, because he said that there are some chips that check the Bios. (Pray for the Nvidia GPU dont be one of the three...)

decription

Minor problem, assuming that you won't use roms but rather use discs from your cd drive the GC discs spind backwards. Try to fix that.

OP
neoak

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Now, Check it out. The X-Box SDK has been "adquired" by a group of hackers (Or crackers?). In that SDK was all the info about the console: Bios, Anti-Piracy system... ALL. Looks like the Dreamcast will not be the only console that has a Unlicensed SDK on the underground!

Remote

I could be wrong and I don't care to check but it seems likely that development kits for all consoles have been distrubuted for free. And why should it have been adquired by hackers? All it takes is for someone to copy the information and put it on the net, monkeys could do that...