What's new

Incredible (and new) game

top_gamer

I`ve found something very interesting.

I found this game that is only 100 KB size but it has amazing graphics (I think its a fake). If someone want to test it and has a video card that supports pixel shaders please tell me about it.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
It don't look fake.

But expect it to have darkness problems with GeForce 4 Tis, Radeon 8500s, Radeon 9000 and Radeon 9000 Pro video cards. (That's for people who haven't been able to get a newer video card yet) (Known issue according to the web site) If you don't have any of the video cards mentioned for known issues and still get darkness problems, it's probably a bug to report.

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah the reason he can do this, is he renders all the graphics on the fly. Most games have pre-rendered graphics, which makes them huge. Downside... well you need a blasted super computer to get a good gaming experience out of it.

smcd

My PC is midrange and gets decent enough FPS in the game. I beat it when it came out :p

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Eagle said:
Yeah the reason he can do this, is he renders all the graphics on the fly. Most games have pre-rendered graphics, which makes them huge. Downside... well you need a blasted super computer to get a good gaming experience out of it.
They don't generate them on the fly. They generate them at start-up and store them. That's why it needs 512Mb of mem to work properly.

From readme:
- We do .not. have some kind of magical data compression machine that is able to squeeze
hundreds of megabytes of mesh/texture and sound data into 96k. We merely store the
individual steps employed by the artists to produce their textures and meshes, in a very
compact way. This allows us to get .much. higher data density than is achievable with
normal data compression techniques, at some expense in artistic freedom and loading times.

Unfortunately i'm one of those affected by the 8500-bug and can't see a damn thing in game :cry: