What's new

Increase Fps!!!

xXDaniiXx

is there any way to do that???
like tweak the system or something??
my fsp is like around 5.00 :unsure:
whit sonic adventure battle 2
i have a ati radeon xpress 1100, 2gb ram, intel core2 duo, 1.50 ghz, win xp pro sp3.
is there any way??:(

OP
X

xXDaniiXx

ahhmmm... i dont realy know how to tweak.... ^^
i would appreciate it much if sombody would help
me whit that^^
cause right now i dont have any money to buy new hardware
and besides i have a nootbook....
so is there any way????

another thing, do you know if you can change
the ghz in a nootbook??

(sorry for bad englisch)

Last edited:

M@d-F!ghter

hmm i know something. it increases by a few fps, not much but a few:
open a texteditor and type in

Code:
TASKKILL /IM EXPLORER.EXE /F
start /high /wait DolphinWX.exe
start explorer.exe

save it as dolphin.bat in your dolphin folder.
double click it when u wanna play

also u could try to change a bit of grafic settings and grafic plugins (but u might have done already)

cerebus5

Well do you know how to go into your bios and overclock your processor? Because that's the only thing that wil get your framerates up. And you need to be VERY careful about heat.

OP
X

xXDaniiXx

thanks allot

okay thak you all allot
is there any thing else??
and coud sombody please eplain
me how to overklock my processor??
thanks allot:unsure:

OP
X

xXDaniiXx

is there any way to prevent the overheat of the processor??? like putting a fan oder something cool behind my laptop??? and if not is there any thing else i can do to increase my fps??? thaks allot

X-Fi6

With normal desktops, there are actual normal-sized heatsinks, often with fans, to cool the processor down very well.

On notebooks, you can't exactly fit in even a 2 inch heatsink. The heatsinks on notebooks are extremely small compared to desktops. Also, notebooks can't really have good air circulation in such a small space compared to the nice amount of space in a desktop for cool air to be sucked in and hot air to be pushed out.

As a result, notebook processors receive hotter temperatures.

Urb4n Z0mb13

lol at recommending he overclock his laptop.

As for tips I suggest you by a desktop with a damn good dual core processor and a 64-bit OS. The graphics card doesn't really matter but I would go with Nvidia for better OGL support and cooler temps.

Don't even attempt Dolphin with your laptop, tweaks or no tweaks.

X-Fi6

It's never recommended at all to overclock with a stock heatsink btw...in MY opinion, at least.

Also btw the title of this thread is very deceiving. By "Increase Fps" as a STATEMENT, and by adding in three exclamation points to the end to make it sound like something surprising and interesting, you tricked me (and presumably, everyone else) into thinking that you found a way to increase FPS in Dolphin.

OP
X

xXDaniiXx

ohhh sorry i never wanted to trick anywon...
i am lokking for a way to increase fps...
but i guess i yan forget that on my nootbook -.-
i know what i want for crimsmas already.. a new destop pc
thanks alot guys for all your help and sorry for the tricking thing
it realy wasent my intention

StarKiller

So, i have tried the comando line that i see here. but on the game the fps stills low.

Like 4 FPS.

i have a
Core 2 duo E4500 2.2Ghz
2,00 GBRAM
Windows Vista 32 Bits.

And, the thing is the plugin Directx9 don't work, Just the Dolphin Open GL.

:(

almost forgot, playing Resident Evil Zero (0)

Heh, a lot of these problems seem similar to what I had around revision 1200. Slow frame rate, giant black textures, etc. Basically just try a few different revisions of the game from the extremulation website. Nothing I can do to upgrade because I have a laptop, but i do have 3.2 gightz, 3 gigs of ram, and a an nvidia 8600 graphics card. But I did get mine to work full speed perfectly on the newest revision. So just try some other revisions, thats all you can do. Or get a new computer.