What's new

Increase FPS?

hYbrid

Yes im aware that the fps your getting is highly dependant on your graphics card. I currently have a geforceMX 4200 and im wondering if there is any way of getting something more than 3 fps out of dolphin. Any options I can enable disable to gain some fps? Any different graphics plugins to use?

Thanks for the help in advance ^_^

ROYGBIV

Use a graphics plugin that is OpenGL based. Nvidia cards usually perform better with OpenGL graphics. What's your processor speed? The graphics card doesn't do that much if you have a crappy processor.

I don't know how good a MX 4200 is but what is the MB? 64?

Also Dolphin is for GameCube right? It's still in developement so it might not be optimized yet. Plus GameCube is pretty intense graphics, you might not be able to handle it.

You could also try playing on a lower resolution (definately no full screen).

Have you tried a N64 emulator? What FPS do you get with that? If you get crappy FPS with the N64 emulator then you definately won't want to try the GameCube.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The easy answer to your question is: you won't be able to get more fps, even if you were to upgrade your card or processor.

ROYGBIV

SoberAnalyst said:
ROYGBIV
Reply: I'll let you know, when we need your expert advice

Har har very funny. I open topics through the "New Posts" not paying attention to what forum it's in. I was right wasn't I?

You didn't help the topic at all. All you said was "no". You didn't give any reason or nothing, which I did.

I think I'll let YOU know when we need your "expect" advice.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
ROYGBIV said:
Har har very funny. I open topics through the "New Posts" not paying attention to what forum it's in. I was right wasn't I?

You didn't help the topic at all. All you said was "no". You didn't give any reason or nothing, which I did.

I think I'll let YOU know when we need your "expect" advice.
SoberAnalyst has a point (although his attitude was wrong), you said something about plugins but there aren't any other plugins compatible with dolphin. GC emulation has nothing to do with N64 emulation. For example using a PC similar to mine you can get even 70fps on Soul Calibur (Chankast) and 120fps on Bust a move 3000 (Dolphin) but you can't run Goldeneye without some slowdowns (PJ64).
GC emulation is a hard task. It's almost impossible to run demanding games fullspeed using present hardware even if the emulator was optimized.

PS: There isn't a Geforce MX 4200. Only MX 420 and 4200 Ti. :p

Clements

There is also a GeForce4 MX 4000 which AFAIK is just 64-Bit. It's not very good, like all other cards in the MX line.

Knuckles

the FPS will increased with different video cards/CPU you use. of course getting a new video card might increase A LITTLE the FPS, but don't get a new video card only for that, unless you want to upgrade for everything else too. I only got a little bit of FPS increasement from a XP 1800+ / GF4MX440SE to a XP 3000+/GFX5700. You can see by yourself.

SoberAnalyst has a point (although his attitude was wrong)
that's just my style, it's not to take to be taken too seriously. i like to think i'm funny and helpful rather than angry and rude.

my belief is you have to have a strong personality in these forums or else you'll just be forgotten or ignored ... no matter how useful your post is. so i'll over-emphasis sarcasm.

OP
H

hYbrid

SoberAnalyst: Its nice of you to "help" but to the nubs who generally post in this forum you come off as just a dick, I would know. Please explain how your comment was funny in the slightest way? Your post was actually in no way usefull but thanks for the spam anyways, grats on +1 post. Please take your "sarcasm" as well as your "beliefs" elsewhere because they are both bs(I read everyone elses post and guess what!? none of them were "sarcastic" about it.

Thanks to everyone else for posting something usefull ^_^. My bad on the 420 one extra zero >.<, I got this card from a friend and am just using it as a temp until I get something new. Probably something from the radeon XT series as they seem to perform well.

yaustar

I find that sarcasm doesnt come off very well on the internet
best to use <sarcasm> </sarcasm> ;)

In reply to the OP you can always try to overclock to squeeze a few more fps (unlikely but possible) or wait for a new release... dont expect to be playing many games at full speed anytime soon though