What's new

in the words of 'nerd in a shoe'...

ILR

Yeah game FAQ, you really helped me out on that problem!! THANKS!!

In the game FAQ they list a problem for Pilotwings 64: the shadows of the vehicles fill the screen and block the view. But no solution is given. Has a solution been found as of yet? Or is it just something we have to live with?

OP
I

ILR

Trotterwatch said:
No there isn't a solution, otherwise it would have been listed in the GameFAQ (Obviously).

I always hate it when people say "obviously". It implies that what your saying is so plain as day that anyone who didn't see it is a complete retard. I mean, obviously you didn't realize this or you wouldn't have said it. It's so obvious, how did you not see it?

Obviously you didn't really look into it much, because a simple search of "Pilotwings" and I found a few threads where people talked about some solutions. From things like "1.4 didn't have the problem" to "disabling internal geometry". I'm just asking to see if there was someone who knew what they were talking about gave me a little direction in the matter, because obviously you have no clue.

Trotterwatch

Obviously in the thread that you read, it was obvious that no solution had been found, otherwise it would have obviously been included within the GameFAQ.

Obviously I shall now rest my case.

OP
I

ILR

Trotterwatch said:
Obviously in the thread that you read, it was obvious that no solution had been found, otherwise it would have obviously been included within the GameFAQ.

Obviously I shall now rest my case.

Seemed to me that some people did get it working. I thought that maybe somebody forgot to drop it into the faq, it's happened before... the FAQ isn't an "all-knowing-omni-potent-infailable" god. Think outside the FAQ... change the para-dig-em! :sly:

Eagle

aka Alshain
ILR said:
Think outside the FAQ... change the para-dig-em! :sly: [/B]

I'm going to give you some advice you should seriously consider following. Next time you see a Verizon commercial on TV, turn it off. kthx

OP
I

ILR

Eagle said:

I'm going to give you some advice you should seriously consider following. Next time you see a Verizon commercial on TV, turn it off. kthx

sarcasm man... sarcasm...

Ki_Amaru

A "hands on" wookiee
What?! The FAQ isn't an "all-knowing-omni-potent-infailable" god?

You mean i've been sacrificing psx games in occult naked orgies for a deity that does not exist.....

But we've worked so hard, raising money to maintain grand-dragon Smiff's personal leerjet.

Clearly my faith has been entrusted into something that could not possible contain every single answer....*cough*obviously*cough*

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ILR said:

Obviously you didn't really look into it much, because a simple search of "Pilotwings" and I found a few threads where people talked about some solutions. From things like "1.4 didn't have the problem" to "disabling internal geometry". I'm just asking to see if there was someone who knew what they were talking about gave me a little direction in the matter, because obviously you have no clue.

1) i spend my free time on something that is only intended to help some people. it doesn't claim to be "all-inclusive", it claims to answer some common questions, to save us from so much repetition around here.

2) you didn't actually try those suggestions or you would have found they don't work.

3) now who looks like a complete arse? :)

Last edited:
OP
I

ILR

Smiff said:

1) i spend my free time on something that is only intended to help some people. it doesn't claim to be "all-inclusive", it claims to answer some common questions, to save us from so much repetition around here.

2) you didn't actually try those suggestions or you would have found they don't work.

3) now who looks like a complete arse? :)

Thank you for making Pj64 and that nifty little FAQ, but this is not a personal attack on you. In fact, I said that the FAQ might have a few holes, implying that the authors have lives of they're own and can't fill in everything, not that your missing details. Thank you thank you thank you for making PJ64 and all that other fun stuff that helps make it work, but I'm sober now :p and I'm not gonna lick your boots :p

And yes, I've tried MOST of them out, but not all settings and hacks. Hell, unless the people were flat out lying through they're teeth then they must have had positive results SOMEHOW. Later on I'll look through those threads again, get some names, and ask them what kind of 'positive' results they got. Lord knows what insignificant setting or system spec that cause it to work out for them...

edit: last note: yeah, the FAQ doesn't claim to be all inclusive, but people are treating it that way *cough*trotterwatch*cough*. He dismissed this thread based on what's in the FAQ.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

edit: last note: yeah, the FAQ doesn't claim to be all inclusive, but people are treating it that way *cough*trotterwatch*cough*. He dismissed this thread based on what's in the FAQ.

I didn't state that the FAQ was all inclusive. But as you recognised there was an entry in the FAQ, and no solution - thus it would be reasonable to assume, if there was a solution it would be in the FAQ.

Trotterwatch

Yes I know what happens - but was I not right to assume in this instance? I think so.

The nearest anyone has come to solving this problem is IcePir8s new plugin - it is still far from perfect though.

Now stop trying to stir up trouble PainoMan! LOL