What's new

im having problems with chankast...

coyote_jones

well i just recently downloaded the program "chankast alpha .25" and exctracted the RAR file as instructed. Now the problem is when i run the execute file i get an error that says :

"This application has failed to start because d3d9.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

thats the big problem i am having.

things i have done to try and fix the problem:

1) i have unistalled and re-installed.
2)i have deleated all the chankast file on my computer. re-downloaded and re-installed everything.
3)tried downloading an older version and using those but no luck.(i get the same errors.

any help would be appreciated...thanks

cuda7171

Banned
read the FAQ section, if your serious about getting it to work. know what aspi update is all about,that is a important key to it. make sure aspi is up to date and matching with installer.set plugins correctly.should be xxx for XP,and the cdrom one for 2000.for controller plugin use elsi.use the bios that makes a blue swirl.the only games i have got to play are self boot cdi's,mounted in alcohol 120,or deamon "3.29 important".

"This application has failed to start because d3d9.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

-make sure you have direct3d up to date as well .should be 9.0 or better

i can play jet grind,soul calibur,sword of berserk at full speed. game quailty near PS2,all on a ath XP3200 ,geforce4

hope i helped

OP
C

coyote_jones

okay let me restate the problem in another way.

my problem seems to be from the error box i keep getting is that the chankast program is missing a major file ("d3d9.dll") that it needs to start.

my question is where do i get that file?
it is not a configuration issue... i think.

here is a history of my chankast history:

i downloaded the program from the main site because i was told of it from a friend. The first time i ran the program after installing it was Succesful. the main window of the program actually opened and all the GUI was thier. but about a week later after i found one game on the internet the program(chankast) stopped working, and it gave me the error im getting now.

thats all i got for a discription of my problem.

P.S----right now im not trying to run a game. im just trying to start the chankast program.

OP
C

coyote_jones

okay im pretty sure ive installed DirectX for one of my other games(WarCraft), but just incase i haven't how would i check if i have it installed?

OP
C

coyote_jones

okay it seems my version of Direct X is the 8.1 version. so how doi update it? i need the directX 9 to run chankast?

OP
C

coyote_jones

okay the download took longer than i thought it would, but i got it downloaded.

status on the Emulator is...

WORKING! Ya!!

thanks all now im al set to figure out the game part.
thanks again