What's new

I'm having problems opening up a game. (56K warning.)

xXNintendoXx

Whenever I open up a game, I always receive this error message.
2wfla2c.jpg

If it helps, here's my system information.
47xmix1.jpg

Also, my "Colors" setting is True Color (32 bit). My "Screen area" setting is 1024 by 768 pixels, if that information applies.

The version of DirectX I'm using is DirectX 9.0c.

Then, after that error message, I get a small windows with the title "str," saying "Error to start video;" what should I do to solve this problem?

I installed this program in hopes of finding an alternative to Project64 1.6, since I had errors with that program as well. [If you want to know those problems, PM me.]

Thank you in advance people!

eternalcold

pal, even if you get it to work, you're on a P2......its not gonna be good emulation...at all shit, my dad's laptop is a p3 and it still cant.

but if you feel like trying it anyways......

go to the command prompt and type in "dxdiag" (obviously without the quotes) and wait for everything to finish scanning. go to the display tab. and make sure that you test the directdraw and direct3d. After you have done that, post the results here...

oh, also make sure that directdraw and direct3d acceleration is enabled.

Last edited:
OP
X

xXNintendoXx

pal, even if you get it to work, you're on a P2......its not gonna be good emulation...at all shit, my dad's laptop is a p3 and it still cant.

When you say "P," are you talking about the Intel Pentium processor?

Well, could you suggest an emulator that is suitable for my computer? At the barest, all I ask is for decent to good graphics and sound.

Again, thank you to anyone who can help me.

Toasty

Sony battery
I'm not quite sure why you get those error messages (what video card do you have BTW?), but yeah PJ64 and even 1964 need at least a good 700 MHz to achieve decent speed even on simpler games. Corn may run at an acceptable speed, but it only works properly with a few games.

OP
X

xXNintendoXx

I'm not quite sure why you get those error messages (what video card do you have BTW?), but yeah PJ64 and even 1964 need at least a good 700 MHz to achieve decent speed even on simpler games. Corn may run at an acceptable speed, but it only works properly with a few games.

Sorry to sound like a newbie, but how could you find out what video card you have?

Thanks. :w00t:

KingVendrSnatch

無感覚
This way is better:

go to the command prompt and type in "dxdiag" (obviously without the quotes) and wait for everything to finish scanning. go to the display tab. and make sure that you test the directdraw and direct3d. After you have done that, post the results here...

oh, also make sure that directdraw and direct3d acceleration is enabled.

but you can at least get the Make and Model info this way:

or you can go to control panel -> device manager and then click display adaptors. That should tell you as well.

That is if its accessible that way. Been a while since ive used Windows 98

Last edited:

tailslol

in start go at run then type DXDIAG in display youll see your video card, your directx version (there are no 9.0c in win98) and you can check if you got direct x error ;)
edit woops forgot : there are no ardware panel for 98 you should click with your right bouton on your desktop then choose propercies and in video hardware palel your can sheck it if it work corectly... and only in this case...
if it bug you should find better driver(everest or aida32 can help)

Last edited:
wow... N64 Emulation won't be worth the effort to try on something THAT ancient. Imo you'd be best off sticking to snes and genesis and stuff cause even if you do get something to run it'll run like crap.