What's new

Im getting no sound with any games

SymphonyX

So far i've tried two games Ikargu and MvC2 and im getting no sound is there an option that i need to enable?help me please thank you

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
No. Sound is automatically enabled. If you get no sound then the problem is not Chankast.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
SymphonyX said:
thanks for the reply could it be these games maybe?
I have both games working just fine, so the problem could be a corrupt CD image (although I really doubt this since I've never seen a corrupt CD image that has no sound but otherwise runs seemingly fine).

Are you using the ASPI CdROM Interface plugin or the xxx one?

Mouser X

While this might not be the issue at hand, are you sure your sound card drivers are up to date? It's possible that your soundcard drivers just don't work quite right for Chankast. Though, if your soundcard is anything like my old one, then you'll just have to live with it... My old soundcard came in an unlabeled box, with an unlabeled installation floppy disk, and no documentation at all... I found out the manufacurer by reading labels off the chips on the card itself, and searching for those terms. The real problem was, I finally narrowed it down to a possibility of 3 different cards, but had no idea which of the 3 it was, so I was never able to update the thing... I ended up using the original drivers for 5-6 years, before I finally got a new PC and soundcard...

Also, double check to make sure your version of Direct X is up to date as well. Again, the problem might be neither of these things, but it never hurts to look.

And, one last question. Double check to make sure your speakers are on. I was reading a tech-support record, and someone had called in to complain that for 2 months, their computer hadn't played sound. The tech guy went through all the procedures, and could't figure it out. Finally, with nothing else left to try, the tech guy asked the caller to turn his speakers on. "They're already on!" was the reply. So, he asked the caller to turn them off, just to humor him (him=tech guy). Suddenly, the music started blaring over the phone so loud, that the tech guy could barely hear the caller. "WOW! IT WORKS! HOW'D YOU DO THAT?!" was yelled over the phone. The tech guy said it was some small driver issues, and then hung up... Or, it went sort of like that.

Anyway, good luck getting it working, and hopefully you can figure out what the issue is. For that matter, what kind of soundcard do you have, and what date/version are the drivers? Mouser X over and out.