What's new

I'm a noob having controller issues. Help me :(

qTech

Yeah yeah. I'll admit it, I'm a n00b when it comes to this stuff, thus I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'm running Windows Vis(duh) [Vista] with service pack 2. I have a 3 way PS2/GC/xBox adapter from MayFlash (http://www.mayflash.com/pc/pc035/pc035-1.htm) and Project64 Version 1.6 doesn't recognize when I plug my GC controller in. I have played Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Zelda: Majora's Mask (for the N64) on my gamecube though a limited edition Zelda Collectors disk which had a copy of both games and allowed you to play them with a GC controller. I was assuming the same concept would work here? My pc does recognize my controller when I plug it in. And when I go to "Configure Controller Plugin" in the Option menu it lists my controller under Game Device (player one tab), but when I got to play these games, my controller doesn't respond at all. MY keyboard responds, but it's very hard to swing a sword with a keyboard.

Does the GC controlling the N64 game concept no apply here?

Am I doing something wrong?

Is my version of Project64 out of date?

I have no idea.

Assistance would be greatly appreciated.

(Please excuse grammar and spelling)

Allnatural

I must ask the obvious... Have you configured the controller plugin? Full instructions are provided in the user manual.