What's new

Im a n00b i know

wipe$$$

does dolphin have netplay or the ability to play actual gc disks off the computer's disk drive?

if not, is there one that does?

ps, will dolphin play super smash bros melee?

Mouser X

Well, no, it doesn't have 'net play. But, even if it did, no one would use it. Also, no, there are no PC DVD drives that can read GC discs. Have you ever tried putting a GC disc in your PC? The drive registers as empty. It doesn't even see it at all. So, no, there are no GC emulators that read GC discs. And, from what I've heard, yes, it does play Super Smash Bros. Melee. But, as I said, you won't want to play it on Dolphin (or any GC emulators at all, for that matter). Unless, of course, you consider 5-10 fps playable. Then yes, you can play it on a GC emulator. There's a "FAQ (frequently asked questions)" section for a reason. Try reading that, and I'm sure you'll understand things a lot better. Mouser X over and out.

OP
W

wipe$$$

Mouser X said:
Well, no, it doesn't have 'net play. But, even if it did, no one would use it. Also, no, there are no PC DVD drives that can read GC discs. Have you ever tried putting a GC disc in your PC? The drive registers as empty. It doesn't even see it at all. So, no, there are no GC emulators that read GC discs. And, from what I've heard, yes, it does play Super Smash Bros. Melee. But, as I said, you won't want to play it on Dolphin (or any GC emulators at all, for that matter). Unless, of course, you consider 5-10 fps playable. Then yes, you can play it on a GC emulator. There's a "FAQ (frequently asked questions)" section for a reason. Try reading that, and I'm sure you'll understand things a lot better. Mouser X over and out.
Thanks for the heads up. but still... couldnt an emulator pick up the disk when it loads even if the computer cant. Just askin ;)

OP
W

wipe$$$

so basically, you can only use it in its rom form :(
thanks for helping this n00b out. lol