What's new

Ikaruga problems

alien{S}py

I obtained an ikaruga image as a nero file. Now, the image works great, but I noticed a dummy file in there at about 500 MB. I don't feel like have 500 MB wasted to a file full of 0's so I went to delete it. When I ran it in Fastboot, it turns out that there was no IP.BIN with it. So, I got an IP.BIN and ran b2b_game.bat and when I loaded up the game, I just got a message "error" and that was all (it came just after the sega loading screen). The sega screen did appear modified but I don't think that is the problem although I'm not sure. Any help would be appeciated, it's not really necessary since it works, but it would be nice to save a bit of disk space. Thanks in advance.

alien{S}py

holymoz

use bin 2 boot gui, is very simple to use, it's a single exe file named b2b_gui.exe, when you start it appears a window, convert the imagefile to cue + bin format with cdrwin then just drag and drop the bin into the window and it make all in automatic, for me worked 100% games (needs daemon tool 3.29)

p.s. if you want to delete the dummyfile you must copy all the file of the game on pc then delete the dummy and create an imagefile with the remaining files, then convert it in cue bin format and see above

OP
A

alien{S}py

I finally managed to get it to work. I was looking for bin2boot gui and led me to Exoboot which worked like a charm. I did try your method OzTm (at least I think so) and it didn't work for me. I got some error when it said it couldn't find boot records in the 1ST_READ.BIN or something like that. At least the problem is solved and I have some more disk space free. Thanks for your help.

alien{S}py