What's new

Idiot's Guide To Video Plug-Ins...

GE Master

Blah. It seems like a majority of people using these boards have an above average knowledge of the video settings. For a user like myself, I cannot figure this out. I know the idea is to have a plug in functional but what's missing for me is a user friendly interface.

There is just no way an average person is going to know what the proper setting are, or what they should change to make a game better. I realize there is some default settings in some plug-ins.

I'm just saying is damn frustrating. Is there an "idiot's guide" anywhere, on any site, talking about what these different video settings are or what they can do? I know it isn't simple! Does anyone want to create such a thing?

This is just my opinion for what it's worth. If you're involved with creating a video plug-in, maybe you might take into consideration what I'm saying.

Clements

The PJ64 help file explains a lot about Project64 and the Jabo plugins, and points to sites of general interest. I'd say this is the first port of call to people unsure of what some of the the settings mean, and the effects of changing them. It also tells you how to fix common problems.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
There has been several attempts to make a compability list of which says which emulator to use for what, which plugin, etc. But no one seems intrested to contribute to it.