What's new

idiot with an emulator

Irom

I have v1.5 and I'm playing zelda I. The horses have no legs, only feet, link has a white tunic and looks like he's in the Klan, the buttons at the top are all grey, and when I play songs on the ocarina, it doesn't say "You've played the ____ song! Would you like to warp to someplace?" Any suggestions?

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
RTFAQ or in layman's terms, read the faq. It tells you all about your problem. :innocent:

OP
Irom

Irom

Ok, I read the FAQ. I can deal with link having a white tunic, thats fine, but why can't I play songs and get the proper effect? If I cant play the ocarina, the whole game is down the toilet. It's kinda the cornerstone of the entire game:cry:

OP
Irom

Irom

I have last years IBM thinkpad. I have no idea what's in it. Hence the title of my thread. I'm worried theres a prblem with my rom. Why won't my songs work??:angry:
I got up to the fire temple as an adult and If I get a new rom would I be able to upload my saved slot? I'd rather not do it all over again. Thanks for you help guys, I really appreciate it.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Irom said:
I have last years IBM thinkpad. I have no idea what's in it. Hence the title of my thread. I'm worried theres a prblem with my rom. Why won't my songs work??:angry:
I got up to the fire temple as an adult and If I get a new rom would I be able to upload my saved slot? I'd rather not do it all over again. Thanks for you help guys, I really appreciate it.

Yep, as long as the new rom you get is the same version and region of the bad one.

Oh, and follow Doomulation's advice an use glide64+evoodoo. You'll get perfect results minus some multitextured things. (ground, flames, etc), but this doesn't effect gameplay, and is certainly better than a white tunic. :D

OP
Irom

Irom

haha its the kkk tunic:innocent:

but when I download the glide thingy and voodoo thingy, how do I mke the program work wth them? And could someone give me some links to the right files?:blush:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No problem, dude. Both homepages are found within my signature.
As to make it work, first put the glide3x.dll file (evoodoo) in your pj folder (where the emulator is). Then put glide64 in the plugins directory.
In the emulator, choose settings and choose the "Glide64" plugin as your plugin. Then play the game. Have fun. :)

returno

thinkpad video

Lots of Thinkpads use -ugh- Intel integrated graphics chips. Good luck with those.

To find out what you've got, look under Control Panel/System/Device Manager and check out the 'Display adapters' icon. (This is where it is on Win2K anyway.)

IBM's web site can probably help as well...

StarShade

I've never had any major errors with Zelda64; though I have noticed that 1.5 automatically changes the graphics when you switch to the sub-screen.

Of course, I started with 1.4, rather than 1.3.

DL 1.5, don't go fiddlin' with the obsolete software.

Also, if your graphics hardware is insufficient, you are pretty much screwwed until you upgrade to superior stuff.