What's new

Ideas/Stuff to fix to whoever continues the project

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
Not to freak anyone out of continuing the project, but lets just all list what we think needs to be looked at or added to this emulator by whoever decides to continue it. Heck, it might even motivate people by seeing what they could achieve.

Some basic and not so basic things that i think need to be looked over by whoever decides to pick this source up:

Memory Card reading/writing
Save States (would be a bit big i guess.. with 24mb main ram)
Disable "popups" that aren't needed and make them optional
Fix up sound in titles such as Super Smash Bros. Melee (more titles too)
Brightness/Contrast/Digital Vibrance options
Other not so necessary input/output devices such as bba calls etc, perhaps a null wrapper for them.
A null sound driver

I know that whoever wants to continue with the source will have what they want to add, but this is what i would try and work on but can't right now due to other projects and events in my life.

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
zaba_3 said:
4-pad support would be nice

yeah a 4 pad support would be really nice.i still think saving support is still too early but the rest im with u nick :term: :term:

JinXD

Agree with the disbling pop-ups idea. Not so sure about save states, and getting the sound in SSBM working as being such a high priority.

Personally I would be trying to get the bugs out of Dynarec and gettin as many games booting/ingame as possible. Then improve/optimise the code to increase fps, and finally implement features like save states, frame-skip etc.

If only I had the skillz ;)

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
JinXD said:
Agree with the disbling pop-ups idea. Not so sure about save states, and getting the sound in SSBM working as being such a high priority.

Personally I would be trying to get the bugs out of Dynarec and gettin as many games booting/ingame as possible. Then improve/optimise the code to increase fps, and finally implement features like save states, frame-skip etc.

If only I had the skillz ;)

actually i was thinking of continuing dolphin but im still thinking whether i should or not.well anyway when theres someone who continues it theres gonna be a new crew.hope i get to be 1 of them(just hoping not asking) :whistling :plain: :bouncy: :homestar: :canadian: :saint: :santa: