What's new

iDeaS 1.0.0.8 WIP Screenshots!!

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Not that great job, to be honest, since AoE is fully playable on Desmume and we still haven't figured out all the touchscreen issues (adding the FW emulation has solved quite a few problems, but there is still a certain method of getting input coordinates we can't find, and it's the one used in Tendo Dokuta and AoE). Right now, we are trying to get Castlevania and Trauma Center to working condition, and that means frameskip and save support will have to wait, although they are already planned.
Evrain

spotanjo3

Yeah, I understand. But you guys are hard at working to be done. So, that is a great job, indeed. You guys should be proud and maybe you can asked Desmume about the touchscreen issues some help..but I am sure you guys will manage to do that. CHEERS! :D

OP
L

Low Lines

Ohhh....
AoE is short for Age of Empires!! I was wondering what it was, I was there thinking it was some kind of technical emulation or something...Silly me
:bouncy:

DeathRain99

Heh heh, I would've probably been where you were on that one Low Lines :)
...Well except for the fact I spent half of my life so far playing AoE2 online... :(

I'd be fine with iDeaS using BIOs actually. I have a legal DS and all, so I could rip them with something, I'm sure. Buying something to rip it would be the only trouble.

I'm looking forward to the next release of iDeaS, but I was wondering if there will ever be support for 3rd party plugins? Maybe someone would start their own plugins or something, quite a few people make plugins for N64 emulators (Jabo, Rice, etc)

spotanjo3

I hope not because the plugins is a pain in the butt for some people. But if they have to do that then that's fine because I have no problem with plugins used by N64 and ePSXe and PS2 as well. But plugins is getting old and nothing is new about it and maybe they need a better way to use instead of plugins every time.

I am not in hurry or anything. I want them to take their time the best way they possibly have even if it have to take 2 years to do it. :)

Last edited:

spotanjo3

It is really 1.0.0.8 but author forgot to change it so it doesn't matter because it is still an 1.0.0.8 ;)

OP
L

Low Lines

I'm not trying to sound annoying or anything, but iDeaS 1.0.0.8 does seem a little bit rushed (so to speak). Like didn't there used to be a FPS in the window name??

ninja1

that confused me too.... when i test with DeSMuME, i can usually see very easily if a rom runs or not (fps freezes usually) but ya cant with ideas..which is partially why i dont wanna test

Evrain

The Forbidden One
I am the Project Manager, but that doesn't mean Lino always listens to my words... unfortunately. iDeaS' functionalities can be switched on and of at will in order to experiment with different cores at the same time, and during the last recompiling the FPS flag has been switched off (and the version not changed, except for my debug version). FPS and version show fine on my beta version, although I am waiting for the latest one right now.
Evrain

Someone!

Hullo!
DeathRain99 said:
iDeaS using BIOs actually. I have a legal DS and all, so I could rip them with something

I have a ds too, it would be cool to have the bios of ds in the pc!

What about an emulator where you start it and it's like the ds bios and in the ds game place there is a button where you select a ds rom! Same as GBA.

:beer:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
Lol, cool idea, but a bit useless, don't you think? I highly doubt lamers are interested in having a look at the uber-cool DS BIOS :p
THe good thing I can think of is the face they'd make if they knew Castlevania has much improved... ops, did I say that loud?
Evrain

spotanjo3

LOL!

It is good to know about Castlevania because I am huge fan of Rockman, Castlevania, Zelda, and now I liked Phoenix Wright very much. But it wont count in my collection until it is going to be series for Phoenix Wright! :D