What's new

I rarely post, but this was so damn funny...

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Redah said:
That's the entire point! I'm from the AA, the Annoying Administrators... I'd expect you'd know that. Unless you've only been here for about a year or so, then you don't know me :) Which will change! Muwahaha

And such.
Ahh well, I havn't been here too long. But I'm a quick learner :p

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
ShizZie said:
Ahh well, I havn't been here too long. But I'm a quick learner :p

Nah, I'm not a bad guy. It's just that, like I said, I hate it if someone disses someone else, which clearly happened. If, in my first PM, generalplot would have said "hey, that's not what I meant, I truly feel sorry for this guy, and my system is fast enough for me.", then that would be it. I wouldn't have brought this public at all.

BUT instead, he started "you have a lousy budget chip". So there the war starts. Not my intention, but when I'm in a fight I see it through :)

So no worries :) I'm not all that annoying, check my post history :)

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
You'll find that I don't give up to easy either. I'm sorry you couldn't see that when I said I felt bad for that guy, there was no sarcasm in it. And if you think you need to be somebody's savior or superhero by trying to pull stunts like this, then maybe you aren't deserving of being an admin. Oh, and if you're so confident that some AXP can top my HT P4, care to show me some benchmarks? The only ones I've seen say the P4 wins in the Barton vs Northwood battle. A64 can have the spotlight for now, but as said by more than one person in here: in order to take advantage of a 64 bit cpu, the entire environment (not just OS, but also apps) must also support that kind of addressing, and most of today's software is still designed for 32 bit platforms. So for now, without a vast selection of 64 bit optimized apps, the A64 will in most cases not utilize it's entire power. And yes, you did compare my P4 to the performance of a 533 Celery, don't try changing your story now. You made your bed, now lie in it. And since you wanted to insult my chip, I only returned the favor. You can dish it out but can't take it?

Last edited:
OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
generalplot said:
*blah*

And yes, you did compare my P4 to the performance of a 533 Celery, don't try changing your story now. You made your bed, now lie in it.

*blah*

Tell me where exactly I did? I say a Pentium4 was just as bad as a Celeron. Which, it is, if you compare it with an Athlon. I never said that a Pentium4 WAS THE SAME AS a Celeron. But apparently you don't seem to comprehend that :)

You do make an excellent point though. The AthlonXP kicked the Pentium 4's ass, untill the Pentium4 started to use HT and a higher busspeed. I don't deny that. But at the point that the Pentium 4 started winning, the AMD64 already got released which again kicks Pentium 4's butt. So AMD keeps kicking butt, while Intel keeps walking behind.

Again, I -never- compared a Pentium 4 with a Celeron. Check the entire thread, I copied everything letter by letter. Quote me exactly where I said it :) I just said they're both just as bad (... compared to the better chips, namingly, AMD). It's like this:

Person #1: "I bought a salami, it's 2 weeks old!"
Person #2 (you): "A 2 week old salami, damn, I hope you're not going to eat that dinosaur. My salami is a week old!"
Person #3 (me): "Dude, stop dissing person 1, your salami is just as bad."

See? Both meats are past their expiration date. They're both bad. They're not THE SAME, they're both bad. Capiche?

Anyway, the fact that I'm an admin really has nothing to do with this. If I wanted to abuse my 'power', I could have just as easily banned you. Even if I wasn't an admin, I still would have done this, just to humiliate you.

YOU are the one changing your story. Again, if you truly felt sorry for that guy, you could have told me that in my PM. But no, you actually took extra time to check my system specs (instead of simply replying, which would have been faster) to see if you could pin something on me. Which you can't :)

I don't hear any more impressive life-achievements from you anymore though... what's up with that, aren't they hiring C64 BASIC programmers anymore? :saint:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Remember guys, the amount of 3DMarks that your machine can pull is directly related to the size of your schlong.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Redah said:
If you're going to diss someone's PC... at least make sure you yourself have a decent rig... a Pentium 4 2.4GHz ? Geforce FX 5200 ? Come on, that's just as crap as a 533Mhz Celly...
This statement is what I'm referring to. That is saying that it's just as crappy as a Celery, isn't it? If it isn't, then what is it? You basically said I don't even have a "decent rig." You'll notice if you look this entire thread over that me and the guy who has the Celery box (the one you claimed I "dissed" had a good laugh about it. So, obviously he wasn't as upset as you......hmm... So I wonder why you would get more upset than he did. Afterall it was HIS system I was referring to. Oh, and I don't program in BASIC anymore (I stopped using that language by the time you were probably in 3rd or 4th grade), and I moved onto DOS from there (both Caldera and MS) and started writing in C. My career now has me generally working with CAD (as I am a drafter). I've been doing what I do for a long time, and you know what the funny thing is? Out of the 200+ workstations we have, ALL of them are using Northwoods. And if you know anything about CAD, you know how much it's a system resource hog (hence the need for RAW power, e.g. P4 and Xeon). If you would have said what you did in a nicer manner, such as "there's no reason to mock a person's system" instead of "your pc sucks too" I would have clarified my statement in a more polite manner. But since you said what I interpreted as rude, I took it there as well. One can not be blamed for not allowing oneself to be treated in such a manner. And if you can't understand this, then maybe you will later in life. When? I don't know, but my guess would be in about 7 years.
Anyways, looks like I've got better things to do today than sling shit with you. The CVS has been updated so I've got some new toys to compile and play with. Have fun and grow up. Simple as that.

Last edited:
OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
DuDe said:
Remember guys, the amount of 3DMarks that your machine can pull is directly related to the size of your schlong.

I always thought this was relative to your Internet speed. Damn, have I been focussing on the wrong stuff ;)

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
generalplot said:
This statement is what I'm referring to. That is saying that it's just as crappy as a Celery, isn't it? If it isn't, then what is it?
It's saying that a 1week old salami is just as bad as a 2 week old salami. One salami may be plain, the other pepperoni flavored. Both different salami's, both are bad.

generalplot said:
You basically said I don't even have a "decent rig."
You don't. Plain and simple.

generalplot said:
You'll notice if you look this entire thread over that me and the guy who has the Celery box (the one you claimed I "dissed" had a good laugh about it.
Well ofcourse. He basically says his system is good enough for him. And I quote: "it's good crap". That's exactly what I said too. And I quote: "Perhaps he doesn't have money for a faster rig, or just doesn't want one.". And yes, if someone offers to open up a charity, ofcourse he's going to like that person! I'm not talking crap about Dukenukem, just to clarify that.

generalplot said:
Out of the 200+ workstations we have, ALL of them are using Northwoods.
And all bought from Dell, I assume...

generalplot said:
And if you know anything about CAD, you know how much it's a system resource hog (hence the need for RAW power, e.g. P4 and Xeon).
I stopped doing CAD in 2000, since I had no use for it to further explore myself in. Worked with both Autodesk and Delcam products

generalplot said:
And if you can't understand this, then maybe you will later in life. When? I don't know, but my guess would be in about 7 years.
Because when you're 29 like you, you're almighty, did I understand that correctly?

generalplot said:
The CVS has been updated so I've got some new toys to compile and play with. Have fun and grow up. Simple as that.
Look at me, I'm so l33t! Just had to put that in there, did you? :)

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Redah said:
You don't. Plain and simple.
Sorry to say, but you must admit it will run circles around the pc you had listed in your profile until you changed it ;) Guess I'm gonna get some benchmarks and post again just to show who won the Barton VS AXP battle.
Redah said:
And all bought from Dell, I assume...
Actually, they're designed and built by the internal IT department, so wrong again.
And AutoCAD is still a resource hog, no matter when YOU stopped using it.
generalplot said:
If you would have said what you did in a nicer manner, such as "there's no reason to mock a person's system" instead of "your pc sucks too" I would have clarified my statement in a more polite manner.
What part of this didn't you read? For an admin, you aure are an asshole.

Last edited:
OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
generalplot said:
Sorry to say, but you must admit it will run circles around the pc you had listed in your profile until you changed it ;)

That I never denied :) But then again, I had that AthlonXP for a long time already.

generalplot said:
Actually, they're designed and built by the internal IT department, so wrong again.
And AutoCAD is still a resource hog, no matter when YOU stopped using it.
Never denied that either. But they might have optimised it in the last five years, just as so many other applications have.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Anyone wanna see this guy contradict himself?
Redah said:
And it gets even worse if your own PC is a slow ass machine (my old AthlonXP can beat his Pentium4
Here he says his AXP could beat my P4. That was yesterday. But today when I said:
generalplot said:
Sorry to say, but you must admit it will run circles around the pc you had listed in your profile until you changed it ;)
To which he replied:
Redah said:
That I never denied :) But then again, I had that AthlonXP for a long time already.
So who's changing stories?

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
generalplot said:
Anyone wanna see this guy contradict himself?
So who's changing stories?

The PC in my specs was an AMD AthlonXP 2500+. My 'old' AthlonXP (the one after that) was an AMD AthlonXP 3000+. There we go :)

I've not actively been on these boards for like 1.5 year or even longer, perhaps 2 years or more. In that time I've had 4 different PC's or so.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Redah said:
The PC in my specs was an AMD AthlonXP 2500+. My 'old' AthlonXP (the one after that) was an AMD AthlonXP 3000+. There we go :)

I've not actively been on these boards for like 1.5 year or even longer, perhaps 2 years or more. In that time I've had 4 different PC's or so.
This doesn't change the fact of what you said. Whether it's a 2500+ or a 3000+, my P4 will still eat it up. And as far as I'm concerned, a processor that can eat up a 3000+ is still a pretty good rig. Tell me that a Celery clocked at 533 can do that. ;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The only reason an AMD Athlon XP 3000+ would defeat a P4 is if it was surrounded by crap hardware. An AMD Athlon XP 3000+ could easily seem better if it has better supporting hardware. i.e. the P4 in question is not being used to its full potential, is being slowed down by the other pc components.

i.e. Crap Slow hard disk drive, crap slow ram, crap slow motherboard, etc... what do you think dell is? ;)

I bet you anything, it is possible to build an AMD64 3700+ pc that performs worse than my P4, if you buy some nice cheap rubbish components. lets say an old 5000rpm hard disk drive and 256mb pc2100 ram *wink wink*

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
generalplot said:
This doesn't change the fact of what you said. Whether it's a 2500+ or a 3000+, my P4 will still eat it up. And as far as I'm concerned, a processor that can eat up a 3000+ is still a pretty good rig. Tell me that a Celery clocked at 533 can do that. ;)

I'd really like to test that, since I highly doubt that your P4 2.4GHz with GeForce FX 5200 would crush my XP 3000+ with a Radeon9700Pro in it. I'm sure they'll both kick a Celly, but I have a hard time believing the P4 2.4GHz vs. 3000+ thing. From what I've seen in benchmarks the 3000+ is -far- ahead on a Pentium4 2.4GHz with a 533mhz bus. I sincerely doubt that a 800mhz bus can make -that- big of a difference.

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
An 800 bus makes ALL the difference. And I don't intend on dedicating my life to this crappy 5200. I'm making the move to a 6600 GT. Once I do that, I'll show you some benchmark resluts, how about that? And I won't even overclock when I run them.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Why don't you both run Doom 3 & half life 2 and show us your FPS to put this argument to bed once and for all and prove who is better already? ;)