What's new

I never ever have any sound in 1964... can you please fix that

Troublemaker

I always used Project64 for N64 emulation but that wasn`t just because Project64 was better. It was because I never had any sound in 1964. I didn`t have sound in 0.8.5 version and I don`t have sound now in 0.9.9 version. It doesn`t matter what audio plugin do I use, I just don`t have sound with any audio plugin in 1964. I have celeron 366MHz, ASUS V3400 Riva TNT, 160 SDRAM and (yamaha)XWAVE Q3000A sound card. OS is Win XP Pro SP1. In 0.8.5 version I didn`t have sound when playing roms but in this 0.9.9 version when I start any rom and finish playing I don`t have sound in any windows aplication any more! I know that my sound card have some problems with windows(all windows`s) and that problem have all sound blaster compatible sound cards...when I go in stand by mode and when I come back from stand by I don`t have sound in any windows application. I don`t know if that have to do anything with 1964 but just to let you know. I never experienced sound problems in Project64 or in any other emulator for other systems so I ask you if you can PLEASE fix this problem in the future.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Troublemaker said:
I always used Project64 for N64 emulation but that wasn`t just because Project64 was better. It was because I never had any sound in 1964. I didn`t have sound in 0.8.5 version and I don`t have sound now in 0.9.9 version. It doesn`t matter what audio plugin do I use, I just don`t have sound with any audio plugin in 1964. I have celeron 366MHz, ASUS V3400 Riva TNT, 160 SDRAM and (yamaha)XWAVE Q3000A sound card. OS is Win XP Pro SP1. In 0.8.5 version I didn`t have sound when playing roms but in this 0.9.9 version when I start any rom and finish playing I don`t have sound in any windows aplication any more! I know that my sound card have some problems with windows(all windows`s) and that problem have all sound blaster compatible sound cards...when I go in stand by mode and when I come back from stand by I don`t have sound in any windows application. I don`t know if that have to do anything with 1964 but just to let you know. I never experienced sound problems in Project64 or in any other emulator for other systems so I ask you if you can PLEASE fix this problem in the future.

Have you tried using "RSP emulation Plugin" and "Jabo's DirectSound 1.5" (both comes with Project64 1.5.1) in 1964 0.9.9?
Just make sure that in the RSP settings "Send Audio lists to Audio Plugin" is NOT checked.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Troublemaker said:

Your XWAVE isn't a M$ Windows 2000 or higher WHQL card...... isn't a DirectX8 complaint card..... http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/search.mspx
sound blaster compatible cards are only for DOS games.....
you get sound in pj64 because the jabo's plugin uses DX6 (as i know), that have less acceleration functions.......
you can disable hardware acceleration in control panel or in dxdiag to avoid problems......
only cards that are not listed in WHQL have problems with win2000+, my friend have an old Yamaha OPL3-SAX ISA, and have no problems....
you can get a cheap sound blaster audio pci (as i have), or other Yamaha listed in WHQL........
Probably this is not an emu problem, is your card......and try to download new drivers (if you can, because labway site is offline now)

Last edited: