What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

I need some help.

DC-Rulz

Im planning on making a Hi-Res Project on Super Mario 64, and i ran into a problem....

boxxerflyandteepees.jpg

Any ideas??:huh:

(B.T.W, I've only made two changes to the game, I started today and i use MS Paint(Probably the problem) because my GIMP 2.0 won't install(I don't have enough previliges on my file.)) AND the texture_dump thing didn't break into 5 folders.:ermm:

BCage

Don't know about your problem, but regardless of that Paint is not going to do it. Here's a few freeware programs that might be of more use to you.

• Artweaver (Many brushes, usefull for textures, easy to use. Freeware.)
  • GIMP Portable (You may be able to install this one without admin rights. Open Source)
  • PaintStar (Not sure, but looks to have lots tools and features. Freeware.)
  • Paint.NET (Easy to use, has all basic fuctionality. Freeware)

1Cario1

MS Paint isn´t able to make the background transparent.Therefore you have this white box around your trees.

OP
D

DC-Rulz

if it comes in a .zip or a .rar i can get it, but i cant use install wizard or whatever its called.

Datadayne

ahh, I used to use gimp. I think I remmember, turn on alpha layers.

Then use the eraser and erase all the white.

If you have photoshop, all you have to do is use the background eraser tool.

OP
D

DC-Rulz

thanks alot, i'll see if it works...... how exactly do i turn it on, when i go into Layer, i go down to Transparency, then in there it says, Add alpha channel, color to alpha, semi-flatten, Threshold alpha, alpha to selection, add to selection, subtract from selction or intersect with selection.

Last edited:

Elite Knight

Nintedo Fan Mad
I allways use to get that. But heres the diffrence with Jabos 1.7 and Rices one.

Jabos Dump Files

368940_A3C26D3F6F257EABA92E2D6BC9DEFCE1.png

Rices.

PNG All

368941_SUPER_MARIO_64192FA72602_all.png

RGB Files

2004120428047001333_rs.jpg

Second.

2004163221829736289_rs.jpg

See the difference with rices you need those files in Super Mario to get them to work in the emu.

Elite Knight

Last edited:
OP
D

DC-Rulz

I got it working and changed the trees, they look a little better, but i think the butterfly looks awesome.

Itlooksalrightnow.iguess.jpg

Im planning on changing the tree, but im going to go work on something else for the pack for now. :happy:

OP
D

DC-Rulz

Yes but as I said,

Im planning on changing the tree, but im going to go work on something else for the pack for now.

So far, now, I've Changed On The castle: The Stick Fence is now a white rectangular fence, the bricks have been changed to more realistic white bricks, and as you walk in, past the red carpet i have changed the tiles.

In Whomp's Fortress: The Bricks where the water is, the flower patches and the grass.

picofmario.jpg

SUPERMARIO64-38.jpg

SUPERMARIO64-42.jpg

SUPERMARIO64-47.jpg

And please, ignore the trees.

Datadayne

you can increase the size x4 x3 or x2.

Say the dimenstions of one texture was 32x32, you can increase the dimentions by 128x128. Rememmber, only x4 x3 or x2.

OP
D

DC-Rulz

ok so how do i resize them in gimp, because when i do in there the canvas gets bigger then i tried to change the image, and the size the original image was, stays the same, so do i delete the image first then change the image?