What's new

I need some help please!

stuart72

Hi, just joined this forum :bouncy: .

I have tried a lot of the n64 emulaters and hardly any of them were running any roms at all but this one has run everything i have chucked at it so far :p .

Anyway, i want to know a couple of things.

Are there any extra plugins you can install to improve sound, graphics etc?

And how on earth do i start using memory paks? I have seen stuff on these forums etc about it. To save games all i can really do is hit F5 and then when i restart the rom later, press F7.

I tried other emulaters like UltraHLE and it wouldn't run a single game!

OP
S

stuart72

Right, i kind of got the mem pak working.

When i started it allowed me to start on the second level of goldeneye without having to press F7.

However, i tried to use my mouse with goldeneye by changing the controller plugin to n-rage and i have lost the progress for some reason i think.

And before anyone says, i unticked that data box as well.

OP
S

stuart72

Ok i got the old save back by changing from the n-rage plugin.

Why is that?

Is it not possible to have the n-rage plugin and keep the old save?

This is confusing and PLEASE help!

dot.hack

Depending on your hardware and software install, some plug-ins could give you better performance than others. Personally for me, Direct64 0.5 Alpha provides the exact thing to the N64 with very minor glitches, then comes glN64 v0.4.1 and lastly, the default Jabo's D3D6. You can find all the plug-ins that you need from this website:

http://www.zophar.net/utilities/n64plugins.html

OP
S

stuart72

Thanks.

But what i have noticed is changing any of the plugins loses the mem pak save. Why is that?

OP
S

stuart72

I changed the graphics plugin to Direct64 0.5 Alpha and i could hear the goldeneye sound etc working fine but it was just a black screen....

dot.hack

stuart72 said:
I changed the graphics plugin to Direct64 0.5 Alpha and i could hear the goldeneye sound etc working fine but it was just a black screen....

Yeah, apparently GoldEye 007 doesn't work properly with Direct64 0.5 Alpha. However, I use Jabo's D3D6 for this game and it works nicely. Remember, that some plug-ins are better for some games while they don't work for some.

OP
S

stuart72

OK thanks.

But why when i change any plugins do i lose saves etc on the mem pak?

When i revert back though they are still there...