What's new

I need help with the USF plugin.

Gameboy5

Winamp can't play any of the USF music files. what is wrong?
I have allready installed it corectly.

btw, Is there any way I can change my name without creating a new account?

GCFreak

My guess is as good as yours. :S

EDIT: OFFTOPIC: w00t 200th post Who's the freak? GCFreak! :p

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Check your Winamp plugin folder. Make sure 'in_usf.dll' is in there. If it's not go here and download either a zipped copy of the DLL and put it in your plugin folder or an automated setup that will do it for you.

Clements

Stuff you can try:

1. Reinstall WinAMP, update to the latest version (5.111 as of writing).
2. Update the USF plugin to the latest beta available.
3. Make sure the .usflib file is in the same folder as all the .miniusf files.
4. Make sure you are not playing them from within a RAR/ZIP/etc archive.

Edit: For WhiteX + GCFreak: USF is a PSF-style music format for N64 games. There is a USF plugin for WinAMP that can play N64 music by basically emulating part of the N64. There are a ton of ripped and tagged sets at:

http://www.halleyscometsoftware.com/usf/

There are other WinAMP plugins available too with their own formats. Here are some off the top of my head, name of the plugin in brackets:

USF - Nintendo 64 (64th Note)
PSF - PSX (Highly Experimental)
PSF2 - PS2 (Highly Experimental)
GBS - Gameboy (Meridian GBS Player)
GSF - Gameboy Advance (Highly Advanced)
GYM - Megadrive (YMAMP/in_gym)
VGM - Master System (VGM input plugin)

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
For an interesting listen download the Banjo Kazooie or Banjo Tooie preliminary rips. Pretty strange sounding - all the different musical instrument sets that play in a level end up getting mixed together (IE, the underwater instruments get mixed with the regular theme's instruments). Apparently, when the game is actually played, some of these instrument tracks get turned off when you are in various parts of the level, but when the USF is played it has no way of knowing which tracks to turn off. Anyway it's a little off topic, but interesting all the same (at least it was to me).