What's new

I need help getting chankast alpha to work.

WingedSeraph

Sorry to bother you all, but how do I get my chanka to work... I downloaded it and followed the tutorial but when I get to the point where it says "Now we run on the emulator executable and we see the emulator open up:", i click on the program but it just opens up my internet browser and says it's a .rar file and so on... how do I get it to run and load games?

Signed,
Chanka newb
(AIM SN= Timescientist)

OP
W

WingedSeraph

Aleron235 said:
You need to uncrompress it with WinRAR first. Google it.

I realized that...now I have a new problem...it won't play my game... is it an Xbox rom or a DC rom? This is the title "[XBOX]Riots-Marvel.Vs.Capcom.II" but it's an ISO image.... cuz yeah, I tried putting it into the virtual drive and I did but when I set up the controls and setup the drive, the "Init." option didn't appear under the options tab... and when I clicked on run, the game didn't play, but rather I got this screen with four objects and a lot of going in circles...someone please help me....again.

pumpkinlad

WingedSeraph said:
What emulator would you use for it then?

Your Xbox.

:whistling

But really, we just got a working DC emulator, you seriously think there is one that will run Xbox games already?

Xeon is out there, but it can barely run Halo.

OP
W

WingedSeraph

anyways, I got a DC version but when it runs, when you see "Capcom", it freezes and then crashes... what's wrong...my comp has all pretty good specs except it has 1.8 ghz but i heard as long as you have pentium 4 and around 2 ghz, ckankast should run the game pretty well...what's wrong?

pumpkinlad

Nothing like reading the FAQ:

Q: I can't run some Capcom games, why?
A: Be sure to select the 'use capcom hack' option in the menu when you want to play games made by Capcom.

OP
W

WingedSeraph

I had already read the FAQ and i was using the capcom hack but it still crashes... is there anything that I can do so that Marvel vs Capcom 2 doesn't crash at the "Capcom" intro screen?

OP
W

WingedSeraph

i got it to work just now but you can't clearly see defined charecters as in everything looks polygonal but sound is pretty good and speed a little slow but video is terrible...what should I do?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
From the settings of your video card disable Antialiasing and Anisotrofic filtering.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
From where that you change the resolution go "advanced" and you should find a tab with the setting of your card. "Play" a bit with the AA and AF settings in order to find what are the best for you.

OP
W

WingedSeraph

i have an NVIDIA RIVA TNT264 card but i don't know how to disable those settings...do you have an aim sn to facilitate this?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You said TNT 2? Unfortunately you can do nothing about it since TNT 2 does not meet the minimum requirements (you need at least a GeForce 2). The GFX will be messed up until you buy a newer video card :(