What's new

I need a good controller for N64 and PC games

snoops

I'm looking for something that works with emulators (Nintendo 64, primarily through Project 64, and SNES, through SNES9x) but is also of very good quality i.e. to use with other PC Games (Prince of Persia, etc.).

What would you recommend here? The choices are tremendous.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
yes, they certainly are. I like the NyKo AirFlo PC. It ooks up with a USB, and has that air conditioning thing everyone likes. It is fully compatible with PJ64, and resembles what a controller would look like if Xbox, GC, and PS2 were all combined. Altho it only has 4 buttons where n64 has 6, rarely do you need to use all 6 at one time that can't be replaced with some form of it in the control stick right under it. Goldeneye, ssbros, THPS, all work under this setup.

revl8er

That Damn Good
You might wanna try buying the n64/psx usb adapter. I have found that It works with every emulator I've tried, and it works for most pc games. The only game I can't get it to work with is nightfire, but that game doesn't really need a controller. It works great with Prince of Persia using a psx controller. The only downside to it is there is no rumble feature, other than that it's a great adapter.

Kaoss626

Xbox controler with a USB adapter. dual analog and 14 buttons.

use either the Xctrl driver with rumble support but is no longer under development or the XBCD driver which is still under development but looks very promising no rumble support just yet, but its in the works

OP
S

snoops

Thanks, I'll be looking into these solutions. Like I asked in another thread (no reply), what exactly is the difference between n64/psx usb adapter and that Adaptoid item?

Martin

Administrator
snoops said:
Thanks, I'll be looking into these solutions. Like I asked in another thread (no reply), what exactly is the difference between n64/psx usb adapter and that Adaptoid item?
The N64 Adaptoid is high quality and about 4X more expensive. It has rumble support and excellent compatibility (perhaps even perfect, I've not heard of anyone complaining about it not working with their controller).

The N64 + PSX USB Adaptor does not have rumble support and is a little picky about third party controllers, and even some Nintendo made controllers (specific colors, you'll find more info at the link below)

If you have the cash and don't care for the PSX option the N64 + PSX USB Adaptor brings, go for the N64 Adaptoid, it's a better device. Everyone will agree on that. :)

The N64 Adaptoid is now back in stock and it's yours for only $24.95. This is a specials price that expires this Sunday. Our regular price is $26.95. Normal retail price is $29.95:
http://www.nathell.com/en/product_info.php?products_id=28

The N64 + PSX USB Adaptor only costs $7.95:
http://www.nathell.com/en/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=29