What's new

I need a controller for N64

Dib

I'm looking for a USB controller to buy for N64 emulation. Something with the buttons arranged in a similar fashion (or as closely as possible) to the N64 controllers.

I do not want an adaptor, under any circumstances whatsoever. Please recommend to me a decent alternative that I can use.

Allnatural

Dib said:
I do not want an adaptor, under any circumstances whatsoever. Please recommend to me a decent alternative that I can use.
May I ask why? The unique design of the N64 controller isn't mimicked by any PC pad I'm familiar with. I suppose any controller with a sufficient number of buttons will work. Most PC pads I've seen have a similar layout anyway, so choose the one that's comfortable.

OP
D

Dib

It's a little more difficult than using any controller with nine (or more) buttons. The layout would need six front side buttons, two shoulders, and the underside button or something equally accessible. Plus a joystick and a Dpad.

I"m at a loss to find one, so I was hoping that people playing N64 emulation would have some suggestions since you must be playing on something (and hopefully not a keyboard).

Only, as I said, I don't want any adapters for a N64 controller.

Allnatural

As I said, no PC pad I'm aware of has a layout similar to the N64 controller. Most of us are in fact using adapters; it really is ideal. If you use something else, you'll just have to configure the buttons in any way that gets the job done.