What's new

I need a Automatic Picture Cutter!

A.I.

Banned
I'm looking for a Automatic Picture Cutter, obviously free and simple to use.

I need it to slice up a jpeg or png image into 128 x 128 files. I will then put these files into 'Paris Map' jar - a java application for street maps on your cellar phone. The application pieces it together, creating a single image.

Its not limited to maps either, you could also use it for diagrams, drawings, photos, anything really. Very useful for navigation on foot, saves you carrying a street directory but I wouldn't advise using it in the car. And the application also has a zoom feature which is really important when you have to read off a 240 x 320 screen.

Jakob

evil *******
it would be relatively quick to write a php script to do this, making use of the gd image libraries built into your typical php distribution... what help this will be to you I don't know;)

smcd

http://www.irfanview.com/ can do batch processing (and is free, relatively easy to use) use the File -> Batch Conversion/Rename and select the "use advanced options" then use the crop functionality... you'll have to make a few passes giving new crop coordinates each time but it should work.

OP
A.I.

A.I.

Banned
thanks, i do have iranview. i only have basic use of it, though. I have no idea how to crop, how to set co-ordinates - i cant even see a picture of my file to do this. And i need an easier/faster way to do it in one go than manually select every 128 x 128 picture.