What's new

I`m talking with sense now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublemaker

First it`s good to know that I`m talking this to moderators but you can all leave your comments.
I`m againts rom requests but I just don`t like the way you represent that rule. Most of emulation sites doesn`t allow rom requests because of the people who are really borring with writing rom requests and not because they are breaking the law by doing so. Maby people who write rom requests are breaking the law(in some countries) but it is for sure that no one is breaking the law by telling people where to get roms(moderators have their policy but for all the rest is freedom of speech). Example: If somebody asks you where to get some pirated CDs and you tell him because you know it from some tawn talk, police can`t arrest you because of you told somebody where to get some illegal stuff!!! Resume: Posting rom links isn`t a crime by the law if you haven`t uploaded that rom on net by yourself!!!
I understand that policy of such big forum as emutalk is to discourage any rom requests(that is ok) and posting any links where to get roms(and I can live with that too) but you shouldn`t stop us from talking about our roms which are illegal just because you think that that is in the "grey zone" and most of all because you all have illegal roms(the only way a ROM is legal is if you dump it yourself and that means that it is gret possibility that you have even one illegal rom)!!!
Admit that you have illegal roms and the truth will set you free and don`t sell us that stories any more about what is right or wrong when you are breaking the law too like everybody else. And remember that this is not pointless talk. This is a story about ethics, legalities and moralities:) and in my previous topic only ra5555 caught the point of what I was trying to say:)
Originally posted by ra5555
Well, if roms are illegal, then everyone here is illegal... lol we are all illegal, I mean without roms then there will be no emulators and there will be no games to play. Can some one tell me, please, which emulation author doesn't have illegal roms...

Allnatural please don`t die, I can`t be responsible for your 2 deaths:).

Please don`t lock this topic.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
It doesn't matter how boring or exciting you ask for roms, its STILL ILLEGAL, you can ask all you want, you'll end up getting banned. END OF STORY.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
My, you're really asking for ban, aren't you? Telling people where to get illegal stuff makes you guilty too. Yes, read the law, and you'll know. You're a thief, too, basically.

No matter what you say, rom talk won't be allowed. Just give this up. And don't think a mod will lock this, because they certainly will.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
rom_beggars.jpg

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
emutalk just doesnt want to get sued... it's as simple as that.

in *my* view, offering roms is worse than asking for them, although that's like saying murdering a kid is worse than murdering an adult.. both are unnaceptable.

btw your grasp of the law is all whack aswell.

Last edited:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Hey Troublemaker, what I posted before is just an personal opinion, roms are illegal and many people are guilty of obtaining it. However, that doesn't mean we can post rom request here because that will place Martin and team in danger of a law suit and Emutalk could be taken down. We wouldn't want that to happen to our beloved Emutalk and Martin.

OP
T

Troublemaker

Originally posted by Doomulation
No matter what you say, rom talk won't be allowed. Just give this up. And don't think a mod will lock this, because they certainly will.
Ok, I give up but still I don`t agree on this one" Telling people where to get illegal stuff makes you guilty too. Yes, read the law, and you'll know. You're a thief, too, basically."
If you represent some organisation and if you have some profit from doing so that it is illegal but I have never seen that somebody sue some person just for telling people where to get roms(if you saw it, tell me). OK, site(forum) is organisation and they must respect rules and policies but I still don`t see nothing wrong with simple rom talk if it`s without rom requests and telling people where to get roms, you are getting that law too hard...but I give up:). And Doomulation, banning me wouldn`t have much use...at anytime I can log from 7 different IP adresses from 7 different providers. And I love emutalk and I would never wanted something bad to happend to them so if you say that somebody can sue them just because we are talking about that we have illegal roms then I`ll just shut the f*ck up:baaa:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Who said you were to be sued? We won't have any rom talk. Period.
And it's still illegal, no matter what you say to lead people to roms. Because in that case, you're like his partner, an accomplish who has helped the one obtain illegal material.
So you just be quiet and stop this stupid debate. It just wpn't happen. And indeed, you are a troublemaker.:getlost:

Hey Troublemaker,

Stop with asking/saying those idiot things, and if you don't stop you will be banned, and if Martin or Redah wants it they will ban all your 7 IP-adresses, so please behave!

Status
Not open for further replies.