What's new

I just wanna know about the leave of Dolphin

gcnfan

The reason that this project hasn't been worked on in 8 months is why Dolphin is being abandoned, or is it something else? I just wanna know, cause this almost seemed rather sudden to me.

JinXD

Yeah pretty much, even when they started the project they never promised anything, only that they would work on it until they no longer had interest in it.

OP
gcnfan

gcnfan

Meh. Sounded like the same thing that happened when UltraHLE released their first working N64 emulator of all time, and then suddenly told us that they would stop working on it after they released their first version. That seemed too sudden to me at the time, cause I really liked it, but I guess, the authors can't really be forced.

JinXD

T-Kimura said:
the emulation scene is pathetic. does anything ever get complete anymore? even the chankast devs are thinking about scrapping the project.
You don't get it do you! The Dolphin devs never gave any promises to make an all singing all dancing emulator than runs all gamecube games at full speed, with sound etc etc.

Geez

edit: idiot deleted his post

Clements

The emulator is proof of concept, so it proves that GC emulation on a PC is indeed possible. Without Dolphin, we may have never seen GC emulation for a long while. The other three GC emulators can now benefit from the hard work on Dolphin too.