What's new

I heard that there's a Windows 98 emulator... Is that true?

J

Juan Carlos

Hello.

Lately I've somewhere (don't remember where) something related to Win98 emulator. Well, the case is that I have the WinXP HE in my PC, but running ms-dos programs, it crashes the majoritycof times. Ms-dos programs run fine in win95 and win98, so an emulator of any of those OS would be great. If anyone could tell something about this, It would be nice.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Don't have Winemus for winxp, but have many PC emus for XP
Bochs, M$ VirtualPC, and most known VMWare includes this list......
you can try DosBox to play MS-DOS games, it's very powerful, i play warcraft, dune2 and some other games with dosbox....

Flash

Technomage
zorbid said:
Yeah, DOSBox rules.
What vacuum cleaner does ? Sucks... :D :D :D
Try to run 7th Guest or Wing Commander III under DOSBox...
Nothing can be better than FAT partition and DOS-compatible soundcard (SB LIve!, Audigy, Vortex etc.).

OP
J

Juan Carlos

Hey! Thank you very much for the help guys. It would sound strange but I don't want a ms-dos emulator for games; I need it to run elevator simulation programs that are quite old, but unfortunatly I need them work.

Thanks for the help. I hope Dosbox works.

Flash

Technomage
Juan Carlos said:
Hey! Thank you very much for the help guys. It would sound strange but I don't want a ms-dos emulator for games; I need it to run elevator simulation programs that are quite old, but unfortunatly I need them work.

Nothing strange. I still need PDP-11 emulator for very old (1977) but very useful program which pretty hard to rewrite for PC/Mac, and i don't have sources anyway... =)
And it's better to use Bochs or VMware because Dosbox is for games, and it's not complete

Flash

Technomage
Juan Carlos said:

Nothing strange. I still need PDP-11 emulator for very old (1977) but very useful program which pretty hard to rewrite for PC/Mac, and i don't have sources anyway... =)
And it's better to use Bochs or VMware because Dosbox is for games, and it's not complete