What's new

I have a question

Quvack

Basically a DOL is an executable file for Gamecube (like an exe in windows) and a GCM is an image file like an ISO, holding the entire contents of a GC disc.

OP
Ross L.

Ross L.

Flash Animator
So is it possible that in the next version they could add a way to have .Dols from the menu screen? Also is there a program that can recompile everything into a .GCM? Or would it really matter?

JinXD

Ross L. said:
So is it possible that in the next version they could add a way to have .Dols from the menu screen? Also is there a program that can recompile everything into a .GCM? Or would it really matter?
I don't think your understand, GCM's contain *.DOL files (along with others), just like an ISO can contain *.EXE files. You can't convert a DOL to a GCM!

I take it you want to list your DOL files along with your GCM games in Dolphin, like Dolwin does?

Gladiac0190

JinXD said:
I don't think your understand, GCM's contain *.DOL files (along with others), just like an ISO can contain *.EXE files. You can't convert a DOL to a GCM!

I take it you want to list your DOL files along with your GCM games in Dolphin, like Dolwin does?
hrhr, would not make much sense...
you can compare a DOL with an EXE.
DOL... Gamecube Executable File; is a file
EXE... Windows Executable File; is a file
ISO... DiskImage Format for several Dumps; contains files
GCM... DiskImage Format for Gamecube Disks; contains files

DiskImages are also files...

OP
Ross L.

Ross L.

Flash Animator
JinXD said:

Yes that last bit is right. About the first bit, I had an ISO then I extracted everything and I was wondering if I am able to recompile everything into a GCM. :p

talker

If you have deleted you're iso.. i don't thonk so.. sorry... never heard about a program that able to recompile things back to iso..
>.<
Or i'm just a little stupid.. hihi

OP
Ross L.

Ross L.

Flash Animator
I figured it out. Did some backreading.

I have another question. When I open Dolphin on my computer, I hover my mouse over the Open button and a small yellow window appears saying unimplemented. I tried clicking it and nothing happened. Then I went to File and clicked to Open, but nothing happened. I also added a path to where my GCM's are and it says there aren't any. My dad is working on getting XP Pro, but is there anything else I can due from here? Get DirectX 9.3c?

JinXD

Ross L. said:
I figured it out. Did some backreading.

I have another question. When I open Dolphin on my computer, I hover my mouse over the Open button and a small yellow window appears saying unimplemented. I tried clicking it and nothing happened. Then I went to File and clicked to Open, but nothing happened. I also added a path to where my GCM's are and it says there aren't any. My dad is working on getting XP Pro, but is there anything else I can due from here? Get DirectX 9.3c?
DirectX 9.3c w00t!! :w00t: