What's new

I have a problem with ZeldaWW

Blacklord

Banned
In spite of the alluring name, Extreme Graphics 2 is obsolete with its one pixel pipeline and two texture-mapping units (I won’t mention VIA or SiS today – their currently available integrated graphics cores are downright hopeless). It is like the long-forgotten TNT chipset from NVIDIA. Like the TNT, Extreme Graphics 2 has no hardware support of T&L as well as shaders.
Intel seemed to give little thought to that; Intel’s integrated chipsets never lose to their competitors in other capabilities, while high-performance integrated graphics must have been less interesting for the company.
Well at least it has other capabilities... At least my desktop has the Nvidia 5200 which seems to support the pixel shaders.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
I often test dolphin with my notebook (yes yes centrino platform) so also with the Intel Extreme Crap 2. But overall it performs ok....
So if i need to test games which needs these pixel shaders i just bootup my desktop and test them on my 9600 pro

Clements

Rather, the FX 5200 (and the entire FX series) supports PS2.0_a which is backwards compatible with PS1.4/PS.1.3/PS1.1.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
GCFreak said:
The GeForce FX 5200 does support pixel shaders 2.0, anyhing below it does not.
Oh ok. Pixel Shader versions are backwards compatible, though.

EDIT: Looks like Clements was here first. Meh.

Blacklord

Banned
Oh well but my desktop is pretty crappy...
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz
512 MB of RAM
Microsoft Windows XP pro sv pack 2
And u don't even wanna see the bench(almost made me puke)
It's hardware was top of the league 4 years ago when we bought it. Oh well my old man is gonna get a 3000$ desktop as a prezent next christmas:D
I'm very serious... He got the nx9100(also 3000$) for xmas too.

Last edited:

gerkrt

I have a amd 64 3000+ 512 ram gforce 5700... it can work?

sorry, i havent seen the 3 page when i have written

Last edited: