What's new

I had a right to reply to this - crhylove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
stalkid do you and your wiccan buddies ever smoke crack?
For one thing, I hate drugs of any form. For a second, if you had a single clue about what Wicca is about that let you make an informed post about it, you would never ask a stupid thing like that even as a joke. Picking on the fact I have a particular religious alignment as part of an insult is called religious intolerance. Something I have no time for - and I'd bet if you took a shot like that at anyone else here, they'd say the same.
If you're going to go down that line, at least learn what you're talking about before you start. Otherwise, you're going to piss people off, and when you clearly have no background info on that subject, probably best to stay out of it.
cuz honestly that last post is about the stupidest (sp?) thing i've ever heard. ban somebody, just because you are CLEARLY a fanboy? oh, and one of the biggest proponents of not being a fanboy was DuDe, who is a mod, stupid.
Try reading next time. Firstly the post uses what is known as "humour". This is a concept which isn't all that hard to grasp - see, I even added a little ;) at the end but obviously that one went straight past you. Secondly, you missed what I said entirely. I said (as a JOKE remember) they should ban the next person who said "fanboy" because that's the most damned overused, pathetic insult on these boards right now, and most people are sick of hearing it. An IGN level thing really. It's a gag, which I think most of the long-term members would get. IGN-board-style name calling is not how we work here, which is why we're mostly friendly to each other. Respect. I couldn't care less about DuDe being a mod as far as this goes, as I know where he was coming from, but the others throwing that as an insult were given plenty of evidence to the contrary and kept going with it.
In short, if you don't know what you're talking about, why not shut up and leave it to the majority who are here to have a good time, to debate, and have a laugh.
As far as the mods go, DuDe I hope will understand why I've posted this. I'm fairly sure that Jaz, blizz, Martin and most of the others will realise that religion-targeted remarks have no place here.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Stalkid64 said:
stalkid do you and your wiccan buddies ever smoke crack?
For one thing, I hate drugs of any form. For a second, if you had a single clue about what Wicca is about that let you make an informed post about it, you would never ask a stupid thing like that even as a joke. Picking on the fact I have a particular religious alignment as part of an insult is called religious intolerance. Something I have no time for - and I'd bet if you took a shot like that at anyone else here, they'd say the same.
If you're going to go down that line, at least learn what you're talking about before you start. Otherwise, you're going to piss people off, and when you clearly have no background info on that subject, probably best to stay out of it.
cuz honestly that last post is about the stupidest (sp?) thing i've ever heard. ban somebody, just because you are CLEARLY a fanboy? oh, and one of the biggest proponents of not being a fanboy was DuDe, who is a mod, stupid.
Try reading next time. Firstly the post uses what is known as "humour". This is a concept which isn't all that hard to grasp - see, I even added a little ;) at the end but obviously that one went straight past you. Secondly, you missed what I said entirely. I said (as a JOKE remember) they should ban the next person who said "fanboy" because that's the most damned overused, pathetic insult on these boards right now, and most people are sick of hearing it. An IGN level thing really. It's a gag, which I think most of the long-term members would get. IGN-board-style name calling is not how we work here, which is why we're mostly friendly to each other. Respect. I couldn't care less about DuDe being a mod as far as this goes, as I know where he was coming from, but the others throwing that as an insult were given plenty of evidence to the contrary and kept going with it.
In short, if you don't know what you're talking about, why not shut up and leave it to the majority who are here to have a good time, to debate, and have a laugh.
As far as the mods go, DuDe I hope will understand why I've posted this. I'm fairly sure that Jaz, blizz, Martin and most of the others will realise that religion-targeted remarks have no place here.

wow big post........ well put my freind, im sure that many mods would apprieiate it :)

Stez

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Stalkid64 said:

As far as the mods go, DuDe I hope will understand why I've posted this.
I do. But those kind of matters should be adressed in PM`s, and not in the forum.

Stalkid64 said:

I'm fairly sure that Jaz, blizz, Martin and most of the others will realise that religion-targeted remarks have no place here.
It may sound amazing, but my moral standards aren`t any how lower than those of Martin, Jaz, blizz, or "the others".

Last edited:
OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
To explain, DuDe, he seemed to feel the need to target me on the forum in a very much non-constructive way, and I have no desire to get into a PM war with him so I've stated my case here, now I'm done with it. I have absolutely no problem with what you said earlier about post length etc, but then you didn't go for a point like religion just because of a throwaway remark on someones beliefs. It's one of those things everyone should at least respect, and certainly not comment on if they don't understand it.
That's all.

tbag

Those who insult shall be punished with a whip from uhh anyone wanna be the punisher of the Dungeon?

crhylove

Banned
clarification:

first as to "religious intolerance" this is just ludicrous, you're grouping me in with nazi's, the kkk, rush limbaugh, and dozens of other tyrants, which for someone "trying to have a good time" is pretty serious stuff. and by the way, absolutely nonsensical.

the wiccan religion is a religion i prefer markedly to 80% of all other religions... in fact much of it mirrors my own religious beliefs. i know many wiccans who are great people, and i respect them for their religious choice, as it is made in an informed manner, and for the right reasons.

that being said however, there are literally millions of "fanboys" out there who claim wiccanism cause it's some kind of trend. a trend very similar to xbox hating, solely for the purpose of being in some kind of "in" fanboy crowd. it's a feedback loop that i understand, but still find rather silly. My guess is that u r a confused and insecure kid. As to your "joke" about banning fanboys, well, no i didn't get it. i reread it just now, and didn't see a smiley or any other indication that it was meant as humor.

if it was a joke, then here's an idea:
LIGHTEN THE F*#K UP ABOUT MY RESPONSE.

oh, and don't get schooled publically and then try to one up me in some pathetic public post. grow some balls, pm me, and don't flaunt all this rubbish in front of other people.

my response here is a little embarrassing for me as i find these kind of interpersonal flame wars rather immature.

but whatever, i was just "trying to have fun" anyway, so i'm not like going to cry about the whole situation... LOL

rhy

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
/[crystal ball]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! RPGlover is about to open up the "debate about exsistance of God thread" again.
[Crystal ball]

blizz

crhylove said:
so i'm not like going to cry about the whole situation

well fuck I don't know about anyone else, but I was looking forward to seeing you bawl like a three year old :devil:

blizz

Tri-Force said:
/[crystal ball]
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! RPGlover is about to open up the "debate about exsistance of God thread" again.
[Crystal ball]

oh please no, now let us never speak of that thread again.

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
the wiccan religion is a religion i prefer markedly to 80% of all other religions... in fact much of it mirrors my own religious beliefs. i know many wiccans who are great people, and i respect them for their religious choice, as it is made in an informed manner, and for the right reasons.
Yet so obviously it was shown that you don't understand it since what you suggested would go way against exactly what Wicca stands for. As for being treated like I'm some 13 year old `trendy`, hey, I'm 21 for one thing and have always been very much part of my own minority. For another, I work in the games industry by profession, so as far as XBox goes, yes I can claim to know its failing miserably. I'm seeing it from another perspective as well as the public side of things.
And AFAIK, I've never said once that I hate it directly - true I have no great love for it, but only because its done nothing to convince me its anything other than what we all knew it would be.
oh, and don't get schooled publically and then try to one up me in some pathetic public post. grow some balls, pm me, and don't flaunt all this rubbish in front of other people.

my response here is a little embarrassing for me as i find these kind of interpersonal flame wars rather immature.
Ah... this was what I was waiting for. The "Oh I'm usually to mature for this... BUT..." portion of the argument, filled with a nice line in insults - which I seem to avoid throwing out myself which says something in itself.
Well, its been shown the others understood why I said that and obviously at least in part thought the same. As for this being a "pathetic public post"... well at least one person up there said it was a well-put post, I know personally I can write so, yeah, I'll let that speak for itself too. Sorry but I don't choose to engage in pointless PM debates much as you may prefer that, because your remark wasn't a private one to start with.
"i reread it just now, and didn't see a smiley or any other indication that it was meant as humor."
Look again, eyes open this time... here, I'll even help by quoting myself:
Can we have a `mega fun` contest here please, mod-types? For example... the next person to use the oh-so-lame "fanboy" insult after this post gets a nice, lengthy ban. Lifetime should just about do it, right? With a custodial sentence involving mandatory visits to #bearcave once a month. ;)"
Note the underlying sarcasm in `mega fun` and the rest? The #bearcave reference (which is a running gag here so fair enough if you miss that)? The pretty-visible ;) right at the end which apparently - shock! - is right there in the original post?
I really don't think I need to say any more on the matter.

well fuck I don't know about anyone else, but I was looking forward to seeing you bawl like a three year old
(wow, haven't quoted you for a while now blizz ;))
While that sounds potentially funny, I really don't think he gets that I'm sitting here laughing while he's winding himself up. Which is always fun. ;)
Actually that old "God Debate" was just about the longest-running thread ever wasn't it... it'd be weird seeing that dragged into the light of day again now. Erk!

Edit: forgot an "end quote" making the post incredibly hard to read. D`oh!

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
well, since i'm so in2 peer pressure...

WAAAUUUGGHGHHHH!!!

/me "crhys" like a 2 year old.

lol, jaz u rule.

oh, and one last thing: quit winking stalkid, this isn't #bearcave. and i don't look like tom selleck (sp?).

rhy

Status
Not open for further replies.