What's new

I don't want to break the law but....

Riven

I'm hungry of any news about 1964 development. A lot of time has passed and there haven't been any news.....:blush:

I love 1964 emu :1964:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hi Riven,

Thanks a lot. A release probably won't happen in the near future, but it will happen. From my end, I've been very busy with school and it is my first priority. On breaks from school, though, I occasionally work on the core when I find free time and get new ideas. I will tell you that the core is quite faster. But on your already fast computer, more speed is not very exciting.

"Behind the scenes" if you will, I've been dabbling a bit with lle rsp for gfx processing in its extremely early stages, but I don't know if anything of releasable value will ever become of it. Still, beyond minor user interface fix-ups and more speed, I don't have much else to report.

Of course, you can also see Rice has still been hard at work on his great plugin.

Last edited:

schibo

Emulator Developer
Thanks. I'll also mention that I have fixed some things in 1964's 32bit core. You might know that 1964 has a fast 32bit dyna core and a slower 64bit dyna core. The 64bit dyna core was the more compatible but slower one. In the alpha build, I think that only Conker's (and a few others like Turok Dino Hunter) needs the 64bit core now, and I almost have Conker's in 32 bit too ..

In 1964 0.8.5, the following games needed the 64bit core:
- Perfect Dark
- San Francisco RUSH
- RUSH 2
- Goldeneye
- Banjo Kazooie
- Banjo Tooie
- Most Turok Games
- probably a few others i cannot think of..but these are the big ones

Now they all work in 32bit, which means that the speed improvement is considerable for these games. Also, weird bugs from using the 32bit core (like in Smash Brothers menus) are gone.

I have other types of new optimizations, but they are not as exciting as the 32bit core fixes.

Last edited:

Plisco

Sevillian
Now they all work in 32bit, which means that the speed improvement is very substantial
:cool: :cool: :cool: That sounds sweet. I cant wait for a release:) .Keep it up:1964: :1964: :1964: :1964:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Wow, that's unusal for a programmer to reveal! :happy:
Especially a emu programmer :p
Well then, continue working as you can and have a good "normal life", schibo! :D
:1964:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
schibo said:
In 1964 0.8.5, the following games needed the 64bit core:
- Perfect Dark
- San Francisco RUSH
- RUSH 2
- Goldeneye
- Banjo Kazooie
- Banjo Tooie
- Most Turok Games
- probably a few others i cannot think of..but these are the big ones

Is that Why Rush 2 there is no music with FPU hack on? (With the FPU Hack off, the emu crashes)

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Oh great ^_^, *cough* work on netplay when ya get a chance please please *cough* :1964:

straight

Thanks

Schibo,

Thank you for posting this update. I'd been playing Banjo-Tooie, and the speed was "good enough," but it would be worth it to put it aside for a while until your next version comes out if there's a possibility of better performance. It's not like there aren't plenty of other good games I haven't finished yet! After Gonetz's most recent release of Glide64, I figured Banjo-Tooie was as good as it was going to get on my machine, but I certainly don't mind waiting now that there's something to hope for.

Are any of these games likely to get a speed increase from the new version (i.e. would it be worth waiting to start on any of these)?

Duke Zero Hour
Zelda: MM
Diddy Kong Racing

I appreciate all the great work you've done on 1964. It's a fantastic emulator. 2-3 years ago I would flat out not have believed a N64 emulator could run this many games this well on my machine.

(For now I think I'm off to tackle the pyramid level on Rocket: Robot on Wheels. Boy is that a fun game.)