What's new

I don't know spanish too well...

SPARTAN-III

newbie at all emulators
Chankast is working fine... EXCEPT IT'S IN SPANISH (I have Alpha v0.1)! I configured my controls then went to Options Init. The main menu came up (completely in Spanish) so I clicked on all the icons, but each one brings an error page. An error page on Chankast, not a Windows error. So should I just get the better versions of Chankast or is there some fix to these problems? Please help!

Thanks in advance.

eggo

Some Guy
Uncheck the "read-only" on your dc_bios.bin and configure it in the DC main menu browser and set it as English. When you're done, re-check the "read-only" on your dc_bios.bin or the emulator won't run correctly.

OP
S

SPARTAN-III

newbie at all emulators
Well, before you posted I went and got Alpha 0.25. I'm not sure if it works the same way as you just said. I went and unchecked read-only but I'm not sure where to configure the language from the main menu. :blush:

Oh yeah, by the way, when you said "configure 'it'" you meant "configure language" right?

Whoops, the Configuration button was right there... But I can't get into it becasue whenever I click on anything in Chankast it says (as far as I can translate), "Select a memory card and push the button A." But when I click on one of the cards it just goes back to the main menu and if i press A nothing happens...

Last edited:

smcd

Or you can get a dreamcast (euro, us) and dump the BIOS like you're supposed to do? :p

OP
S

SPARTAN-III

newbie at all emulators
Okay, sorry about that thing before. I did what you said but when I open up Chankast again it's back in Spanish. Here's a play-by-play:
1.Before opening Chankast I unchecked the read-only box for dc_bios.bin and clicked OK
2.I opened up Chankast and clicked Open, Start (without an image in the drive) I was at the menu screen
3.I used the joystick to get to "Configuracion" (or settings in English) and pressed A
4.I set the language as English and clicked back
5.I rechecked the read-only box and clicked OK
6.Chankast was now in English... but when I started it up again it was back to Spanish.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Change the language, close the emulator and then re-check the read-only box and click OK.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Do it again (correctly):
1.Before opening Chankast un-check the read-only box for dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin and click OK
2.Open up Chankast and click Open, Start (without an image in the drive)
3.Use the joystick to get to "Configuracion" (or settings in English) and press A
4.Set the language as English and click back
5.Close the emulator
6.Re-check the read-only box for dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin and click OK

i hate to bring this topic back up, but as i had this problem already and searched and found this thread ... well ... here it goes ...

i've tried everything, it's still spanish. i've followed your instructions perfectly. i'm wondering if there's a problem because i'm using Windows XP SP2? ... help!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Make sure to uncheck the read-only box for both bios files before starting chankast.
When you change the language select "back" and press the "A" button in order to go in the main bios screen, don't press the "B" button ("A" and "B" are the buttons of the dreamcast controller, not the keyboard). Then close the emulator and start it again to see if it worked.

i had a folder called BIOS ... i've been messing with the Bios files in that folder, when the real files were in the same directory as the emulator ... my mistake, your instructions work.