What's new

I am out of gas.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I just got back from a vacation, and at my first stop to a gas station, all of the pumps were off. Second gas station was the same thing. When I got home, I found this. That, on top of the power outage in the east, things seem to have gone to hell while I was gone. :happy:

Davemc

Dave
AlphaWolf said:
I just got back from a vacation, and at my first stop to a gas station, all of the pumps were off. Second gas station was the same thing. When I got home, I found this. That, on top of the power outage in the east, things seem to have gone to hell while I was gone. :happy:

Unlucky :ala:

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
dayve said:
Unlucky :ala:

Well, not entirely, on my first day of salmon fishing, everybody who I was with maxed out their limit within two hours. Everytime you'd sit down and rest, another one would bite. In all, we killed 55 fish that weekend :D , including one 15 pound sockeye (best tasting salmon there is), and a 20 pound king, all of em were at least 2.5 feet long, with an average weight of around 10 pounds.

EDIT: more luck, just checked my mail, I was just approved for yet another scholarship. :cool:

Last edited:

My95ZR2

When i first saw that title...I kept thinking, "Eat more spicey Mexican food" but I don't think it applies...

Adam

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
This is crap lately...If you want gas, you have to do a lot of searching to find a gas station that actualy has gas. Its easy to spot one out once you find it though, because there will be a 2 mile long line of cars waiting by it, and the price tag for a gallon is $2.

Our shitty democrat of a governor keeps making these stupid announcements telling people to not fill up their tanks completely. All that will do is cause you to have to wait in line more frequently. Not only that, but she could have had the problem fixed in only 10 hours, but instead she decided to put it off for two days, all the while all of the small businesses in the state are suffering because their employees can't get to work, or are coming to work very late since they have to work around the fucked up bus schedule.

Last edited:

Remote

I'm not quite sure but I think we pay a lot more then you do dayve, how much in us dollar does one liter petrol cost?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
$2 a gallon => $0.52 a liter

in my country if we consider 1€ ~ 1$ i pay ~$1.05 a liter ($4 a galon) and i think the taxes are about the same everywhere in europe now (not really sure of that but it's already far too much expensive...)

Remote

Since Sweden has the highest taxes in the world and a large petrol cartell, although they busted it a while ago it's probaly up and running again, it's really a shame what we pay for petrol. Although i believe 75 % of it is taxes. 1.0 USD equals to 8.47 SEK and one liter of 95% octane petrol costs around 1.1 - 1.2 USD...

And I guess that would make swedish and french petrol prizes about the same...

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
dayve said:
We pay 3 times as much as you for petrol. So think yourself lucky and stop fucking complaining.

Well, consider this, Arizona alone is larger than your entire UK, and the population is far less dense. A gallon of gas wont get you as much here, even with a rice burner. Not only that, but it realy sucks when you have to wait in line for 2 hours just to get that gas.

Last edited:

Remote

Luckily I've never waited for 2h to get petrol / gas but I can imagine it sucks... ;) Tough luck... :p

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Heh. I guess I'm lucky, then. :p

Gas in Waco, TX == $1.49/gallon. Most of the stations have only 1 or 2 people in line, if any.

I'm interested to see what Labor Day weekend brings.

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Remote said:
Luckily I've never waited for 2h to get petrol / gas but I can imagine it sucks... ;) Tough luck... :p

Some people have gotten so frustrated, that they have started fist fights when somebody cuts in line :p

The media has started calling this a crisis, meanwhile the governor vacations at the grand canyon and says it isn't.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Bah wait until the entire country shuts down because the fuel tanker drivers go on strike for a few weeks. Then you will see queues of cars lining up down the road and prices going insane :D

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Sorry if I missed it, but you are in Michigan, right Alphawolf? The paper said Michigan was having problems, but it's all fine here (New York) and it didn't mention anywhere else.

You pay 2-5 times as much for gas in Europe but you go 2-5 times as far with that gas.

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
nephalim said:
Sorry if I missed it, but you are in Michigan, right Alphawolf? The paper said Michigan was having problems, but it's all fine here (New York) and it didn't mention anywhere else.

You pay 2-5 times as much for gas in Europe but you go 2-5 times as far with that gas.

Nah, Arizona.