What's new

hrm...

JX030389

Brand new sleek Dolby Digital Surround sound system...

Crappy PC speakers...

Huge PC mp3 collection...

I need some way of playing my mp3s off my home entertainment center which only supports RCA (red/white) audio, no USB or wifi >_< Cheap solution? I repeat no USB or wifi (seeing as my comp doesn't have wifi either)

Kaoss626

how about getting a stereo mini (what your computer speakers plug into) to RCA cable and send the sound to your stereo that way. Get crazy and use a splitter so you can use your crappy speakers when you want to and when you don't turn them off and use the stereo. If you really want to go all out get a second if you have a rear channel and hook that one up too.

This cable should be available for $3-10 for a cheap one and all the way up to $20 or so for a high quality one. Any Radio Shack or Circuit City should have them, but most any stereo place would probably do.

jollyrancher

Yeah, I think you almost answered your own question. Just get a $5 RCA cable that plugs into your audio out or headphone jack.

OP
J

JX030389

Thx, I just went out today and bought one, it works great. The reason I asked is because I didn't know they made these, props!