What's new

HQ2x, HQ3x, HQ4x Emulators?

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I was wondering if anyone had a list of all the emulators/plugins out there that have these video filters availible.

OP
mongo51983

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Thanks, I have a few emulators with the HQ2x and 3x but I'm looking for some Genesis emulators that may have it, I have Gens HQ2x version but I was wondering if that is the only Genesis emulator to have HQ2x, only reason I don't Gens that much is the fullscreen is only 800x600 which isn't a big huge deal but if there is another Genesis emulator that has HQ2x or 3x and fullscreen at 1027x768 or higher than I'll be real happy. :happy:

Clements

Try the recently released Kega Fusion then. You can use 1280x1024x32, but you can only use a simple bilinear filter with it at the moment, although the higher resolution does look better. It also plays Master System/Game Gear, and claims it emulates 32x/Sega CD "more accurately than any other emulator".

Clements

Clements said:
Try the recently released Kega Fusion then. You can use 1280x1024x32, but you can only use a simple bilinear filter with it at the moment, although the higher resolution does look better. It also plays Master System/Game Gear, and claims it emulates 32x/Sega CD "more accurately than any other emulator".

Sorry to bump/double post, but Kega Fusion 0.1b has been released and now supports 2xSAI and hq2x. For me, this is enough to dethrone the inactive Gens from being my emulator of choice for Mega Drive and is awesome for Master System too.

Here is some shots with 1280x960x32 + hq2x:

OP
mongo51983

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
I just saw they added those filters and now it is my favorite genesis emulator! It's sweet and runs 32x games pretty good as well.

smcd

I still like Gens, even though it hasn't been updated in ages... and the intro screen in Gens isn't as irritating as that of Kega. However, given the work being done with Kega once more, I might slowly switch over.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I used to like Gens because in general i thought it was a better emulator, now that Kega fusion has come out, the fact it sounds great, doesn't go back to windowed mode every time i try to open a rom, doesn't switch to 16bit every time i load it, with the filters too... I am converted. :)

..plus the high res of 1024x768 i can use and a ton of other features

C'mon, not using Kega for the intro effect, its not nearly as irritating as the auto 16bit switch-over when you load it, or changing back to windowed [if in full screen] when you try to load a rom.

Heres a shot of Knuckles Chaotix running, its running brilliantly, (fps is 50 because its a europe rom)

Last edited: