What's new

How to start? Using Wii save file

brunoc

I have saved a wii save file of the OoT for nintendo Wii from my friend, intending to play it at home. What I got was a save file .BIN. Is it compatible with Project64? I've tried changing its type to .SRA, but it didn't work. If it is compatible, what do I do? I don't seem to be able to find my save folder also, so my first problem would actually be how to load a save file.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Project64 saves to the 'Save' folder by default unless you've changed the paths. In-game saves are automatically detected by the correct games if the save files are properly named. Savestates need to be loaded manually.

No, Wii saves are not compatible with Project64.

OP
B

brunoc

Thanks, but...

Thank for answering, and I am sad to know that the Wii file won't work. Unfortunately, I can't find the save folder. Nor into the software folder, nor in the new rom directory I chose. It isn't a hidden one, because my pc is configured to show all folders. So how do I do to load a save file that I found on the net, regarding these circumstances?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If Project64 doesn't have a save folder, create one yourself, and point Project64 to use that folder for in-game saves and savestates. Options --> Settings --> Directories.